Life of a Gamer | Teen Ink

Life of a Gamer

By Tabieone SILVER, CHANDLER, Arizona
Tabieone SILVER, CHANDLER, Arizona

I may not agree with what you have to say but i will fight to the death for your right to say it

The Life of a Gamer
I’m gearing up and preparing to choose a load of weapons needed by my strike team, in order to attack the defending Russian forces. As I spawn in the helicopter, my pilot Bhavik starts to fly us towards the battlefield. Our mission is to help capture the objective. I’m in the gunner seat manning the gun and monitoring the area below it was crowded with old abandoned tanks and scarred with burns. The ground was shaking, and the trees bowed as the helicopter began to descend. Then there was a loud ear popping screech as a crimson red alarm suddenly sounded. I ask, “Why are we descending”?  Thinking to myself, “We’re in enemy territory it’s not safe here”. Bhavik yells, “Someone is trying to,”… but he is cut off by the alarm, someone is locking on to our helicopter. Time itself stops as I’m gripped by fear and then just as quickly as it began it stops.
He starts to pull up we ascend high into the sky in our flying fortress feeling invincible. The helicopter was made for attack and not for speed so it was bulky; moved sluggishly worst of all the turret had a limited view. We see an enemy helicopter; then there is a huge battle. I had better equipment on my helicopter and armor than Bhavik I should have been piloting, but I did not think that we would be attacked.
The armor on our helicopter is shredded, and as the rotors go offline I jump out leaving Bhavik for dead. He yells something over the microphone but it’s too late he is blown up. My parachute pulls open and the wind whips me towards the objective needed. We started with four people all died but me I was alone and the enemy thought there were no survivors. A sniper rifle goes off as I begin to climb an old deteriorating building.
I crawl like a baby crawls on the floor. I move quietly and get on top of the sniper. He has a motion sensor he begins to turn around, but before he could I grab him thrust my knife and take his dog tags. Then I go from objective to objective killing all in my way. I was ecstatic and overfilled with pride like someone who accomplished something everyone thought was impossible. There’s no greater satisfaction than defeating your enemy and being the one to give the death dealing blow.  The enemies’ numbers were dropping like flies we were relentless. It’s the final stretch of the battle I feel invincible then there is a shot and I fall with no warning. No more glory ruined by my friend and rival Lazarus I leave the warzone in shame, no longer satisfied with my exceptional skill. There is nothing then it all starts again but at the same time it’s different.
I’m no longer a soldier who would be sent out in battle to die but now I’m a ruler leader of my people. Right now chosen by random I’m the great Indian empire founded in the best location. I start off slow send a few warriors and begin to lay the foundation for expansion. I settle a second city not long after I run into the Mongols and the French. Their leader is Bhavik he tells me that the Russians are to the North of him and are extremely hostile.  I don’t believe him I greet their leader Catherine the great and we call peace, I leave her alone not watching what she does.
Out of nowhere I hear from my advisor that the Russians had invaded the French and taken a city. Bhavik fought as hard as he could but the Russians army was massive and crushed him. The Mongols team up with France but they too are no match losing all the cities but Karakorum. I, like Stalin, was deceived believing our friendship was forever even when my advisors said otherwise. I was building many wonders in peace, and then out of the blue the Russians invaded. I had a wonderful defense but their attack still hit me hard.
I made no attacking armies only wishing to spread my science, culture, and wealth. They took it to their advantage trying to force me to pay tribute I stood my ground and braced for the relentless attack. My people quickly began to understand that Russia won’t stop till we fall. We made many military technological advancements, but it was cultural that drove us home. Our culture was so great that all the cities they had taken from the French and Mongols revolted. With these new cities I drove the Russians to Moscow.
In one life I died trying to stop the Russian onslaught, but I was given another chance. The Russians begged me for peace but I forgot what peace was. I continued killing their army. I have expanded and greed took hold I decided to keep the subjugated French cities that I captured. I remember feeling anger and dejection I when my friend killed me now I decided not to be killed but the killer and invaded France. I cut through Bhavik’s armies faster than the Russians could ever dream of; he couldn’t believe I did it. He said in a disgusted voice, “I was a fool to trust you but I believed you were my friend”. I felt bad for backstabbing him and sorry that he lost the way he did. But even that couldn’t stop my, over the top gloating like a kid who won in hide and seek by not closing their eyes. I was finally satisfied at the cost of another’s expense.

It's short right now but i hope to add on if anything seems off or confusing please tell or if any gaming stories you want to share then grats

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences