Suicide | Teen Ink

Suicide

By KatieDear PLATINUM, East Greenbush, New York
KatieDear PLATINUM, East Greenbush, New York

Stars can't shine without darkness

“I’m gunna go, I’ll see you guys,” and I walked out of the classroom. I walked down to the doors with no alarm. I opened then and headed to the soccer fields. I sat down and wrote the people I care about a letter. I wrote one to my best friend. Her name I’ll leave anonymous. I told her how much I love her and to stay strong. I wrote one to my mom and stepfather. I told them to stay strong. I wrote one to my father and stepmother. I told them to stay strong. I wrote one to all of my sisters. I told them I will miss them and I love them and to stay strong. I wrote one to the one that had pushed me over the edge. I explained why she made me do what I was about to do. I walked to my car and drove to the houses and put them in their mailboxes.

It was two o’clock. School was letting out. It was time for me to hurry up. I drove my car home. I started walking to the falls. I looked around the park before heading into the woods. Just one car was pulling in. I didn’t recognize it so I went in. I walked about a half a mile before I finally go to the falls. I looked at my phone one last time. I read the messages between me and that girl. I started crying. My phone started to ring. I threw it over the falls. I stood over the edge and looked down.

“Katie!!!” It was my best friend’s voice. I cried harder. I inched closer to the edge. “Katie!!! Katie!!!” She kept shouting my name through the woods. “Katie please don’t do this!” I jumped. I didn’t want her to see me. I wanted out. The last thing I remember before I passed on… was her scream.