Camp, Nature and Nails | Teen Ink

Camp, Nature and Nails

April 29, 2014
By sylv.bird SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
sylv.bird SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
6 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be true to yourself, and stay away from the punch," --My aunt Karol


Let me ask myself: Why did I go to camp? Because I wanted to meet new people. But don’t let them know. Don’t let my friends know. I came to camp to get away from my life. But of course, my life had to follow. And it brought all of my friends.

Most of the time, I love camp. Most of the time, it’s peaceful. Most of the time, I can just sit, and take in nature. Not this time.

This time, it’s loud, and I am always standing around, doing some stupid activity. Then, I’m whisked away to do something else. WHOOSH. then again. WHOOSH. And one more time. WHOOSH.

Then,when it’s time to sleep, I don’t. Even though I’m bone tired, I just can’t. Because of them. They've taken over my life. I won’t name names. That’s not who I am. So I just say they. And let them plan out my entire life.

That’s way I came to camp. To meet NEW people. And every time I try, They come along and WHOOSH me away, to go paint my nails,or something stupid like that.

“Come on! Let’s go! I want to try that new nail supply I got!”

I don’t want to try your STUPID nail supply! That’s what I feel like saying. I feel like saying, “Actually, I think I’m going to go on the hike.” But it wouldn't matter. They would just say, “Hiking? That’s so lame.” Even though it isn't. Not to me. Not to all of the other people who are going on the hike. I’m stuck in Their web. Caught in their hand, like a firefly, not strong enough to break out.


The author's comments:
I have seen people and read books about people who aren't happy with their friends, and more people should know that peer pressure can make you feel bad about yourself, and how when you grow up, if you see something you want to do, you will be more inclined NOT to do it.