Oblivious | Teen Ink

Oblivious

By TrishDestiny PLATINUM, Jerantut , Pahang, Other
TrishDestiny PLATINUM, Jerantut , Pahang, Other

“When it's over, I want to say: all my life
I was a bride married to amazement.
I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms.

When it is over, I don't want to wonder
if I have made of my life something particular, and real.
I don't want to find myself sighing and frightened,
or full of argument.

I don't want to end up simply having visited this world.”

Malevolent stream of sheer luminous lights sears into my eyes, dilating my pupils as if they were gas-filled balloon, floating on the sky in mid-summer. For a moment, electric-like fuzzy voices echoed in my head, idly carressing my icy thoughts that tucked beneath.
I tried to be transfixed, lifting my bounded eyelids slowly as if they were overweight, blurred images formed before me while i strive to adjust my eyesight on it.
A daunty silhouette began to form in the foggy mists. I strive, trying as hard as possible to put myself on my feet, but my languid soul refused to. My heart thrummed so rapidly that i am afraid it shall break my ribs.
''Skylar?'' His words held no warm nor ice, its neutral but i was grateful someone eventually called my name for real .Autumn like eyes and dark hair began to form someone i seems to have known forever, he pervades my languid strenght with warmthness as he drew me closer to his arms. With his presence, all agony washed away like seashores.
Connor.
''Connor,.?'' I replied shifting my eyes towards his. I was quivering, shivering and freezing, how could his eyes pervades me with so much warmth and securities when i just couldn't? ''I am scare.''
''You don't have too. Everything shall be fine, i promise it will.''
He pulled me into his lap, his eyes went almost wild as they quivered sketchily in tandem of my heartbeats, that resemble fluttering birds in captivity. ''You know it won't.'' I replied again, curtly. Regretment prodded me as he lifted me away from his cozy embrace.
''I remember nothing Connor. '' Except you. '' I am just like- a corpse. My whole life i lived before just wasted as if they were now trashed away,. I don't want to leave Connor, i really don't.' Warm tears ooze down my cheekbones words twined through my crimson lips. Flood of memories began to surges one by one like slides in my head but there were things i never knew existed. I hate to leave here,i really do. Somehow, in an ironic way, regretment prodded me. All these while, all these time, i had been compelling him to return me where i initially was- belong. But, now i had never been grateful as i am, for being the one whom supposed to have her life ended in the car crash accident last summer.
I crossed my hand over my chest and held them tightly against my body, striving to hold in as much warmth as possible. Slowly i pushed myself to his chest, listening to his heartbeats.
''Your time shall come, Sky. For now, just for now - you don't belong here. I would have to send you home-''
''And let all of these trashed like a dumb dreams i will eventually forget?'' I shriek , arguing with his word i realize was the truth. I really hate when he possess the truth, when i don't. I know i would have to leave -this place. One day, i shall return here once my time is up, once i am outbounded my the world. But for now, i know i won't. I don't even knew them - the peoples whom Connor claimed was the peoples whom shared the same streams of running blood in me.
The light began to dissipate and i jerked my gaze at Connor, caught between dilemmas.
''Its the time...for you to leave. You'll be happy down there, Sky. Live it while you still had chance,. its only worthwhile, by the way -you'll enjoy it. I promise you would.'' Connor persuaded. We rose to our feet as he cradle my face in his large hands, smothering my wet cheeks. I nodded. Maybe this is what i am entitled to all this while - to finally embrace something that really worth fighting for only to lose it in the end. All over this time, for a moment in my life i resented myself not to able to recall my family down there, whom constantly weeping at my corpse-like body laid down in white cladded room, but now i despise myself for the future i shall be clasps too- the other side that delete Connor our of my life.
The lights went blurred , almost vanished when i stepped into it reluctantly. Not even a second, did i shift my gaze from his face. I want to remember him, i want to know that all these while , they were real.., i don't want to forget-
*****************************************************************************
''Mum..'' I trailed in a rasping voices , glancing at a red haired woman, whom patiencely stood beside me since the doctor replace my intravena drops few minutes ago.
''Skylar!!!'' Her voice reflecting how glad she was to see me as invisible tears smothered her cheeks like wet tissues. She put her weight onto my torso as i grabbed her arm with massive force. I have no idea whom reach whom first, but the air began to thickened tremendously as i loosen her grips on my shoulder.
I glance at the autumn leaves, scattered all around the grounds as my sister, Emily whip the frosting cream for my chocolate cake. It suddenly remind me to something. Something that looks extremely familiar but i have no idea what it was, regardless, its a beautiful feelings prevaded with warm thoughts. Taking a deep breath in the autumn breeze, i glance away -handling out the napkins to my mum whom tediously working at the stove. It seems, somehow , probably i had been gone through a long dream all these why in my sleep. Anyway, i have a great feelings about it.