Captious Chaos | Teen Ink

Captious Chaos

By Pay15 GOLD, Boise, Idaho
Pay15 GOLD, Boise, Idaho

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities."

- The Fault in our Stars

She walked in. The absence of people, of the crowds she was used to, made her afraid. But she did not show her fear. She made it through the morning. Feeling the eyes of everyone, hearing the whispers that said, "Yeah she is new," " She doesn't look like much." and other similar remarks. But then a voice louder then the rest spoke. " Welcome to the epitome of captious chaos. You seem like a lovely soul and I figure I should save you from the gruesome people of this town. But ultimately I can't save you unless you want me to." She stares confused by his abruptness and words. He plowed on oblivious to her bewilderment. " The people here have two faces. Neither are real; neither have depth. If you act different then them expect nothing but crusty looks, anger, and their self inflicted ignorance. Contrasting with them is absurd. Their minds do not comprehend beyond what is tangible and they do not know enough. Nor do they care to know more. Anything unique or breathtaking will be shattered because ingenuity; is not accepted. They will smile and embrace you in, but the security you will feel is an illusion. They are hypocrites who will turn on you at any moment and feel nothing. Contemplate what I have said. Because you have to decide if you will have the audacity to stand distinct from them, or mimic them. With a simple smile he turned around and walked away. She watched him walking, musing over the words he said. It only took a moment before she started off after him.

Going to school in a small town is not all that it is cracked up to be.