Dilemmas in Rainy Day | Teen Ink

Dilemmas in Rainy Day

By CelesteSelena BRONZE, Jerantut Pahang, Other
CelesteSelena BRONZE, Jerantut Pahang, Other

Everything has it beauty only people don't see it - Confucious

I run as fast as i could after i realize that the cloud is turning cloudy,my eyes began to search for shelter as soon as i realize waters fell over my cheek,i was totally lucky when i saw an abandoned house not far away from me, i hurriedly enter the house right after i arrived. I stood in front of the door and rang my parent to inform them that i shall be late and was unable to have lunch together at the Subway as we planned earlier.

Unexpectedly,it began to rain heavily few minutes later.I decide to play virtual video game at my mobile phone , given by my parent on my birthday to eliminate anxiousness for a brief moment.As time goes, I was preoccupied with my favorite video game at the cellphone, without realizing that it had stopped raining.

Tap!Tap!Tap!Tap!Suddenly i heard some screeching sounds of shoes. I began to realize that someone was coming toward the abandoned house where i occupied.Few second later,i saw a shabby boy with dirty shirt, probably smeared due to heavy rains few minutes ago. He seems to be terrified and relentlessly uneasy as he came toward me and begged for help,i asked him what happened but he was too tired to answer my question.He then wanted me to hide him from someone,he seems to be so scared and agitated when we heard another thumping steps which are heading toward us. I am aware, there's no much time for me to have second thoughts about my decision thus without further excuse, i cover him up. He get into one of the room in the mansion which two cupboards were placed.

Seconds later, three policemen ran towards me.I was absolutely confused with what did really happened. I was puzzled, as i questioned myself if the boy i met could have committed any sort of crimes that might involved the cops.One of them told me that the boy had stole some sausages and a sum of money from a hawker.Another cop questioned me if i'd saw a boy with shabby appearance all around.....I was assumed to answer his question,finally i decided to lied. After they heard my denial, the shifted to other location nearby. I was in a huge dilemma , caught between guilty and sense of relieve.The boy thanks me for saving him from being caught. Afterwards, he told me that he had to stole some money and food for him and his younger brother . Since his parents lose their jobs recently, they had been struggling in poverty, thus they had no choice but to survive it until both of their parents starts working again in the next future. I felt sympathy towards him, for a moment i was speechless. It must be hard for them to survive in these poverty condition without stable finance base and also without any financial support. I wish i could do something to fix their problems except i was clueless. Thus, i hand him out some moneys for his family's expenditures and advice him not to repeat same mistake again.

He returned home and i left the mansion minutes later. I could probably almost drown in dilemmas. Right after i arrived home, i decide not to tell the event to my siblings and my parents since , i couldn't decide if my decision i made earlier was right or wrong. I couldn't prove it any other way.