Perfectly Human | Teen Ink

Perfectly Human

March 12, 2014
By Prophet_of_Regard SILVER, Lexington, South Carolina
Prophet_of_Regard SILVER, Lexington, South Carolina
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Give Death my condolences, I'm afraid I won't be able to make it to my own funeral.


The strongest weapon a man can hold and control is not the weapon he has in his hands, not the military he commands, nor the land he controls, but Fear and Hope. When a Human controls these traits, these advantages, there is almost no way of stopping him or the many he may lead that carry it as well. The only way to defeat that of Hope is to ensure there is none. The only way to stop Fear is to fear nothing. Yet there is that human will that determines which one we truly want or control. I have never met a man that has controlled both, but in any case one does... He isn't human.

Hope is said to carry the weight of gods. It's a spirit, an itch in your soul that says there is always a way, and that way is through it all. There is a fine difference between having hope, and just hoping. Hope is an object of control, a fire we hold. If you do not have this, you are merely just wishing for that of a problem to fix itself. Hope is the opposite spectrum of its rival; Fear.

Fear is that dark foil around him when those he loves are threatened. When he has everything to lose, and when he isn't aware of the shield to help; Hope. Fear is a weapon one can feel and be destroyed by, or rather what he chooses to harness and use as a massive virus. This virus only infectious to those he wishes to release it upon, and those who don't have the hope of stopping it.

The human will is all but the chamber from where this weapon is held. Whether it be the virus, or the shield. The will of a man is measured no more differently, than that of the amount of pain a man can intake. In fact, will is the endurance and a catalyst to spark Hope. Technically, you can argue that Hope and Fear is like that of fairy tales, of Good vs. Evil. However, we are nothing but Humans... And the highest and closest we can become is the state in which many ignore, many don't see, and that many mistakenly do the opposite of; Perfectly Human.

To be Perfectly Human, is to believe you are as perfect as you can be, there is no limit. However with this set we are only more imperfect. But it's those that are imperfect that truly discover what perfection is. The most perfect people are not those that have everything, but those who have what they desire after losing it all. Not those who can't feel anything, but those who have felt everything, and have grown and lived in it. Not those that talk too much, but those who speak less, and keep listening for more. Not those that are clean slated china, but those with all the cracks and scratches.

"Give death my condolences, I'm afraid I won't be able to make it to my own funeral"
- Unknown


The author's comments:
This is still the rough draft. I have t taken the time to put the best of grammar.