In Time | Teen Ink

In Time

By Jessjess SILVER, Hampton Falls, New Hampshire
Jessjess SILVER, Hampton Falls, New Hampshire

I was just being myself and the doctors and my own family claim I am insane. Maybe I have problems but I never thought they would lock me up in this mental house. I guess thats the consequence for not being normal.
I am trapped within four concrete walls. The space is like a closet small and cramped. There is a tattered cot to lay in and a cold metal bucket for me to go to the bathroom in, thats in. No food no sink no toilet. There is brow fuzzy mold in patches on the ceiling.My nose is burning from the appalling smell. I take one breath in through my nose and all I can smell is raw sewage. I am sitting on this frigid cement floor . I notice my toenail it has started to rot. It is black and almost completely fallen off. Under the toenail my skin is oozing with pus and blood.
Now as I stare at my big toe’s toenail my stomach rumbles. I have been locked in this room for weeks, I need something to eat. I pull off the black toenail; I wipe off the oozing pus and blood and pop it my mouth. My tongue runs over the toenail. It feels slimy I can taste the pus then the blood. I guess I didn’t wipe all of it off. I then move the toenail between my teeth. It is soft and chewy from the rotting. My face scrunches up as I chew on it. I can’t believe what I am doing. What have I come to? I then quickly spit it out. I am going insane.

I wanted to write a very descriptive piece.