Kidnapping | Teen Ink

Kidnapping

February 25, 2014
By Kailuasurfer GOLD, Honolulu, Hawaii
Kailuasurfer GOLD, Honolulu, Hawaii
10 articles 8 photos 7 comments

I opened my car door as I pulled up to the house. I walked to the front door and made sure that I looked the part of a baby sitter. I mostly just had to look like an angst-ridden teenager. Check! I dug around in my purse and double-checked I had everything. I rang the doorbell. I heard footsteps from inside.
A woman answered the door, “Hi are you the baby sitter?” she asked.
“Yeah. I’m Amy Jones and you must be Ms. Anderson?” I asked politely.
“Yes, nice to meet you. Come inside I’ll introduce you to the kids.” As I walked inside I was amazed by what I saw. Every thing looked so expensive. We could live off the entryway rug for months. I decided that once the Andersons left I would pocket a few of the many extravagant decorations. Every room was wall-to-wall white carpet and I wondered how Ms. Anderson managed to keep it so clean. In the living room there was a Plasma 42 inch screen TV situated in the middle of the room. Parallel to the TV was a white leather sofa with a little girl sitting on it.
“Is this the new baby sitter, Mommy?” The little girl asked.
“Yes it is, sweetie.” Ms. Anderson said, “How about you introduce your self.”
“Hi, I’m Katie, I’m 8 and a half.”
“Hello Katie, I’m Amy; guess what?”
“What?” Katie replied
“We are going to have so much fun tonight!” I said, doing my best baby sitter impression. It took every part of me not to let out a gagging sound. If only the boys could see me now.
“Alright, the emergency numbers are on the fridge and there is some Mac and Cheese in the pantry. Oh, and ice cream in the freezer. Bye! Have a great evening!” And with that Ms. Anderson left, pulling a very bored looking Mr. Anderson out the door.
“So do you know where your brother is?” I asked Katie.
“He’s probably playing some video game.” Katie said.
“Well let’s go find him.”
“I’m right here. What’s for dinner?” A voice said behind me. I turned around to see a 10-year-old boy looking at me, arms crossed tightly across his chest.
“Mac and Cheese.” The boy gave me a bored look that competed with his father’s face. “I’m Amy, what’s your name?” I tried to sound cheerful.
“Hunter.”
“Well Hunter, I have a proposal for you.” Hunter gave me an interested look.
“What about me!” Katie said. I laughed.
“A proposal for both of you. What if instead of having Mac and Cheese for dinner we just go straight to dessert?”
“REALLY?!” Hunter and Katie yelled in sync.
“Yep. You two go choose a movie to watch and I’ll get the ice cream.”
“Ok!” Katie yelled following her brother into the living room. I got the ice cream and Chocolate sauce while the kids turned on the TV and put in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. As the kids got comfy on the couch I pulled the pill container out of my purse. The label read, SLEEPING PILLS. KEEP AWAY FROM SMALL CHILDREN! I dug two out and crushed them until they were a fine white powder which I sprinkled over the ice cream.
“Ok guys, I have a challenge. Whoever can eat their ice cream the fastest gets five dollars.”
“You’re on!” Katie yelled.
“Five dollars is coming my way!” Hunter yelled digging into his bowl. While the kids shoveled the ice cream into their mouths, a smile spread across mine. Everything was going according to plan.
“I feel funny.” Katie said yawning.
“Me too.” Hunter yawned. They looked at me with frightened faces. “What’s going on Amy? Why-wh w…” THUD! Both kids had fallen to the ground, fast asleep. I stepped over them and found my phone. I pressed 1 and waited for an answer.
“What?”
“Phase one is complete.”