Chance (Part 1) | Teen Ink

Chance (Part 1)

February 16, 2014
By holly1999 GOLD, Middlesbrough, Other
holly1999 GOLD, Middlesbrough, Other
12 articles 8 photos 114 comments

Favorite Quote:
'There was no need to clarify my finger snap, the implication was clear in the snap itself' - Magnus Bane


Tightening around my neck, the thick metal chain was cold and heavy on my aching shoulders.

“Oi!”

Trembling like a leaf in the wind; I leapt forward at the violent shout – only to receive another strong, painful pull on my neck. As usual.

Like furious waves crashing around my head, terrifying shouts attacked my ears. Cowering, I moved backwards until I was trapped by the rough brick wall. I’ll never forget the powerful, terrible expression on the man’s face as he strode dangerously towards me.

Why me? It’s always me.

A whine escaped my lips as I felt my paws give way. A mattress of stone, the hard, unforgiving ground rushed up to break my fall. I’m just a dog; what have I done wrong?







*




*





*





*

Stumbling through the black night; I pulled my thin jacket around me in a futile attempt to stop the harsh rain tearing at my skin. Aimlessly. Miserably. Hopelessly. I continued wandering the streets even though my legs were on fire and my brain screamed at me to stop. Soaking through my coat, the water daggers drew blood when they hit my skin.

Why did I argue with my step-dad?

Every time we fight – every single time – I tell myself that I won’t do it again; she would have wanted us to support each other. But who cares? It’s not like she’s ever going to come back…


The author's comments:
I wrote this a while ago and I'm not sure whether to continue with it or not.