The Trespassers | Teen Ink

The Trespassers

By MicahMorrison GOLD, Washington, DC, District Of Columbia
MicahMorrison GOLD, Washington, DC, District Of Columbia

"It's not too late, it's never too late" -Three Days Grace

Odessa, 15 years old, and her boyfriend Daniel, 16 years old, were walking through the cold, snow-filled, woods. They were going to go bird watching with some friends from school, but they couldn’t find them so they just kept on walking through the woods. Odessa is short, has long blonde hair with purple and blue highlights, and is very pretty. Daniel is tall, has brown spikey hair, and is athletic. They were walking in the woods for at least two and a half hours. It was starting to get dark outside, and they were very lost. They came to a small clearing in the woods. They saw a slightly overgrown driveway and decide to follow it. As they walked down the driveway, they saw a house at the end of the driveway. It was only about 50 feet away.
“I want to go inside,” said Daniel.
“Good for you, Daniel. I don’t want to,” Odessa responded. “Okay, well I want to, stay right here and don’t move at all,” Daniel says as he walked inside. Odessa looks around, she listens closely to the sounds of the wilderness. Odessa started feeling a slight twisting in her stomach.
Suddenly she hears rustling coming from the bushes behind her. Odessa whirls around and sitting on top of the shrub is a little baby squirrel. She lets out a little giggle and turns back around. Daniel is at the door yelling something to her.
“What?” Odessa yells back.
“Come in here,” Daniel responds. Odessa walks up to Daniel and goes inside. He closes the door behind them and Odessa looks around the interior. It looks old, some antiques here and there. Trash, leaves, and random things are tossed all around the house.
“Are there any beds? I want to take a nap, I’m really tired,” Odessa asks Daniel.
“Yeah, there are. They are upstairs to the left. I’m going to look around a little longer though,” Daniel notifies her.
Odessa waves at him and trots up the old wooden stairs. The stairs creak and moan as she walks up. Daniel really doesn’t like the feeling of this house. He thinks there is something odd about it, other than it being abandoned. Daniel walks into what he thinks is the kitchen and looks around. There are dishes in the sink that looked used.
“That’s weird,” says Daniel, “It’s really weird.” Suddenly, the sound of a bang comes from somewhere in the house. He quickly jerks around and sees Odessa standing there.
“Sorry, I couldn’t sleep and when I was coming down the stairs I knocked over a chair.
“Oh,” Daniel laughs, “I thought there was someone else in here.” They hear the door hinges creaking, and the wind blowing. Then they hear the door slam shut and a voice mumbling something. Daniel and Odessa ran upstairs.
“Hello,” the voice called out, “Is someone there?” The voice was a cold, mean, and uncaring voice. They both stayed silent and were stricken with fear. Then the door opened again, the sound of the rushing wind, and they heard the sound of the door shutting again. They both stood still, huddled close together, still unsure of what to do.
“Do you think the person is gone?” Odessa asked Daniel, “I’m really scared.”
“I know. I’m scared too. The person is probably waiting for us to come down, to catch us trespassing.” Without notice the door opens and slams shut. There is the sound of yelling and screaming. Simultaneously, a loud bang sounded off. The sound was loud sound, Odessa jumped in Daniels arms.
“It’s okay Odessa. I’m here.” He held her in his arms securely.
“What do you think it was?” Odessa asked Daniel as he clings to him, “Was it a gunshot?”
“I’m not sure. We need to stay up here.” There was no noise in the house for about 10 solid minutes. They sat upstairs, sitting close and holing hands. Then the sound of a siren came into hearing range. The siren got louder, and louder, and louder then it stopped. Daniel peeked out of the window to see if it had stopped near the house. Out front, there was a police car and an ambulance. The door opened. There was no longer any wind, just the sound of the engines humming.
“Hello? Where are you? Do you need a stretcher?” a voice called out into the house. This voice sounded like a different voice, this voice was caring and helpful.
“Yes, I need help and the stretcher,” called out the voice Daniel and Odessa heard earlier. But this time, the voice was distressful.
“I will meet you guys back at the hospital, Jim,” said a different voice. This voice was deep and sounded all business.
Thirty minutes had passed from the incident when Odessa fell asleep. Daniel was still awake, watching her, keeping an eye out to keep them safe. There were two things on Daniel’s mind, what had that sound been and why were the police there? He played back the sounds he heard. The sirens, the caring voice, the loud sound, the distressful voice, and then there was the other voice. Had this been the police officer? What did the person in the house do to have the police come?
Sometime during the night Daniel fell asleep. He woke up to a smile and a good morning from Odessa. “Do you think there is food somewhere in this place,” she asked him.
“Not sure. I have some muffins in my bag,” he tells her.
“Oh, what kind?”
“Blueberry,” he said.
“Eww!” Odessa screeched. “I’m looking around for some real food,” she told him as she walked out.
A few hours later, there was a knock at the door, Odessa and Daniel stopped in their tracks. Before they had time to react, the door opened and a police officer stepped inside and looked them in the eye.
“Don’t move, put your hands in the air,” the officer told them as he placed his hand on his gun. “What’s going on here?”
“It’s not what you think officer,” Odessa said, “We got lost in the woods, and we found this house.”
“Well, we will have to take this back to the station. Possible 207 at 167 Backcove Road Code 4, 10-19 with supposed victims or suspects,” the officer said into his radio. After he got Daniel and Odessa to the station, they had already explained the story. The officer had a question for them, “Why did you guys go to that area?”
“We were lost, and we saw the house,” Daniel explained. “What happened to that lady yesterday, and what did she do?
“Let’s say this,” the officer started, “If she hadn’t fallen and broke her leg you two may not have been found today, at least not alive. She was wanted on multiple charges, first-degree murder, kidnapping, and grand larceny. Your parents should be waiting at the station for you all to arrive.
“Thank you sir,” Odessa said as she took Daniel’s hand.
“Yes, thank you very much,” Daniel added. As they pulled into the parking lot at the station, they both hopped out of the car and gave their parents a hug. The officer smiled.
“We are grateful for your help,” Daniel told the officer as she shook his hand, “I really am, and so is she.” Shooting a look over at Odessa hugging her family, and Daniel’s, small tears running down her cheek

I was thinking about making this a full length book/novel. It was a school project, but i might take it farther than that.

Crystallite BRONZE, Santa Elena, Other
*nice                                   

Crystallite BRONZE, Santa Elena, Other
like wow amazing story! :-D it was so scary lol <3 the happy ending haha didnt think they would survive. very intense story, awesome plot and its just wow. It really nice! my jaw is still on the floor from reading it :-D ncie work!