My Mother | Teen Ink

My Mother

By Legand@Heart GOLD, Sacramento, California
Legand@Heart GOLD, Sacramento, California

"Black is Thicker than Blood" -New Zealand All Blacks

Seeing my mother across my bed room hiding in the darkness rocking back and forth was kind of strange. "Mom what the heck are you doing in my room?" "..." "Mom?" I'm thinking in my head, why is she acting like some posed crazy lady. I get up from my bed and walk towards her. My legs seem to not be scared of walking to something that looks out of the ordinary. I stop about 2 feet away before reaching my "Mother". She's making this weird noise that sounds like big crunchy Beatles being eaten alive. Before I can even turn the light on, she jumps out with her mouth opened in range to eat my human flesh. I fall with her to the floor in front of my door. I'm holding her up with all my strength. I reach for the coke bottle that I was drinking earlier and cracked it against her head. She got off me and I used that moment to pop up and ran to the hall way. The sound of her Claws scratching on the hard wood floor right behind me made me not want to turn and look. All of a sudden the chasing stops. I turn to look behind me, she's gone. I look all ways and nothing. My heart is beating at around 100 mph. Then all of a sudden I feel a drop of clear slime sliding down my face. Just as I look up to the celling she jumps on top of me biting the side of my neck. I'm screaming at the top of my lungs but no one seems to hear me. I open my eyes and see nothing. I'm laying in the middle of the hallway.I'm Okay. I look back to see if the scratch marks are on the floor but nothing! "No way this can be happening." I go check on my mom and she's sound asleep.

This all started when I went over to my friends house one cold winter night. She presented us this weird board game called The Wigi Board. She said that its a spirit that talks to you through spelling out what it needs to say. I wasn't so fascinated by the game but I said what the heck why not. We played for a couple of hours and we all went home. After that night, things weren't the same any more....