Unspoken words | Teen Ink

Unspoken words

By jesssy16 SILVER, Beecher, Illinois
jesssy16 SILVER, Beecher, Illinois

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

The car horns were muffled from on top the buliding, the distant smell of car exhaust and stale chicago style hot dogs lingered in the air. It was poetry to her. The frigid November breeze hit her numble body, but it still not wake her up from the mental instabilty that she gotten herself into. She took a step closer to the edge of the building. Her eyes were closed taking in the atmosphere of chicago. She took another step, inches away from the start of her death.

Frozen. She just stood there questioning her life and why it was given to her. She believed she wasen't strong enough to handle the mistakes she made in her life. She turned her back away from the city and held out her arms. A crowd started to surrond the tower and cries for help arose. In the distance you can hear ambulances coming closer. Anxiety was building inside of her and tears began to stain her cheeks. She enhaled keeping her last breath locked inside.

She opened her eyes and stared at the overcast sky. The memories of her enstranged family overwhelmed her mind. She tilted her body towards the ground and let gravity take her life. She counted to herself one...... two...... three......

A roar of screams filled the air.

For the unwanted hearts