The Choice of Vision | Teen Ink

The Choice of Vision

January 6, 2014
By ILOVESHERLOCK PLATINUM, Sydney, Other
ILOVESHERLOCK PLATINUM, Sydney, Other
31 articles 0 photos 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney


There’s a man at the train station every morning. He wears a thick black coat and thick black glasses. I watch him out of the window; mum lets me stand on the kitchen stool so that I can see through the glass. I can see his lonely eyes clearly, and he looks tired. I ask mum why he’s tired, and she says she doesn’t know why.

There’s still a man at the train station every morning. He wears a thick black coat and thick black glasses – his coat is patched, and the glasses are thicker than I remember. Mum says I don’t need to stand on the kitchen stool to see through the window anymore, so this time, I sit. I want to see his lonely eyes again to check if he still looks tired…but the glass is too foggy now. I ask mum why the glass is foggy, and she says she doesn’t know why.

There’s a man at the train station this morning. They’ve put him in a thick black box. There’s no window this time. I ask mum how she knows it’s him, and she says it’s because he has lonely eyes like mine.


The author's comments:
Sometimes, we drift apart from our families. This happens either because we are made to, or because we choose to. But our parents can never be strangers to us, because they are part of us.