The Christmas Miracle | Teen Ink

The Christmas Miracle

By TrynessaB GOLD, Lawrence, Indiana
TrynessaB GOLD, Lawrence, Indiana

do what youre doing when youre supposed to be doing it where youre supposed doing it

As of now, public schools can celebrate Christmas in school Mrs. Jennings said with excitement!” In the spirit of Christmas you will have to write a three page paper or give an oral presentation about what you will do for someone for Christmas. “You will have one week to finish your assignment when you get back from break and hand it in.” “or you can give your oral presentation at the dinner for under privileged families I will be there.” finished Mrs. Jennings

The bell rang and Mrs. Jennings yelled “bye Jessica have a nice break.” as the class rushed out because it was the end of the day.

I went outside into the freezing winter air and found my mom and I got in the toasty car “Mom can I ask you something .“Could we do a trail run with an orphan from South Africa?” A few minutes went by then she finally answered “sure!” Before I knew it we were on the plane to South Africa and I woke up and the sun was rising and we landed in South Africa. We got off the plane and we saw a tiny hut that said orphanage we went in search for me to have a little sister as we walked up to the desk. Then my mom said “hi I am melody Scott and I and my daughter are looking for a girl that is her age she is 13.”

The women took us to a room full of orphans and I found a girl named Adowa .she was an orphan my age and mom signed the papers. Then we were on the way back to Colorado at home eating dinner then Adowa. Said “thank you so much for talking an interest in thinking to adopt me” then mom said “you’re welcome” and we all smiled. With 2 weeks we were closer than ever and it was 3 day until I went back to school.

Mom enrolled Adowa in school and today was the first day back and me and Adowa has the same schedule and lunch period. Adowa made some friends and that was awesome when we were getting in the car she was telling me all about it. It was one day until Christmas and school was chaotic because everything was getting set up for tomorrow and after school we went to the mall to get Adowa something cute to wear for Christmas and me too. Adowa was telling me about kwanza and what they do in Africa and the food they eat and where kwanza came from. I did the same thing I told her about Christmas and where it came from and what we eat. Then we went home and got prepared for tomorrow.

School today went by very fast I could barely focus because I was excited for after school and me and Adowa went home and got dressed.” Adowa you look beautiful” I said with a smile and she said “you too.” Then mom said “are you girls ready to go?” “Yes” we said in unison. In the car Adowa was telling me more about kwanza and she said “today is the 46th kwanza.” Then I told her some more about Christmas and she smiled. When we got to school we had a lot of fun and ate so much we could barely move then mom came over and whispered in my ear “we are keeping Adowa the adoption is final you have a sister.”

Then I went to the microphone and tapped on it and said “excuse me everyone I am going to give my oral report for English. Over break I have met someone who is super sweet and caring and funny her Name is Adowa and we started out strangers but we are sisters because my mom and I adopted her. I learned a lot about her background and about kwanza and Adowa I love you.” Now Adowa will tell you about kwanza” “kwanza is an African American holiday that originated from South Africa and today starts of kwanza thank you” me and my mom adopting Adowa was the real Christmas miracle. But that this particular bird nests in a community all unrelated to each other and all of different colors….. We are a world of people, not ethnic groups, not races, and not different descriptions of people on paper. We are human beings. And if there is one thing that human beings have in common, it is the desperate need to be free.

This quote is from the color of friendship

this is sweet story about how 2 different religions come together