The forgiving letter | Teen Ink

The forgiving letter

By alina2384 GOLD, Syracuse, New York
alina2384 GOLD, Syracuse, New York
18 articles 1 photo 1 comment

the human being is unethical, it doesn't matter how bright you shine in the future you're always gonna carry on with a dark background. u may take a man off the streets but u may never take the streets off a man. now..... want to read more hmu on blog

When I was only two years old you exited my life, leaving me crying on the staircase begging you please don't go. I'll never forget the day you had me chasing after you with tears running down my face. Since that day you never wanted to see me again even if you knew where I was. Seeing you with someone else that replaced me, killed me each time. As I grew older I began to hate you for what you did. You never reappeared in my life until now. Now you want me back, begging me for a second chance. I've pushed you away every time because, you hurt me very much. You were never there for me when I cried, when I needed someone to love and someone to love me. You were never there when I needed you. Today that I'm one year older than yesterday, I'm starting to understand why you had to go. I'm starting to love you a little bit, starting to forgive you and that's why I'm writing this letter of apology. I want you to know that I'm sorry for hating you my entire life for something you were obligated to do. I understand now that it wasn't your fault, it wasn't your decision. I want you to know that I'm forgiving you with every word I write on this peace of paper. Im writhing this forgiving letter to let you know that sometimes its okay to cry. At This moment I may not like you, I may hate you right now but I know that deep down in the bottom of my heart there's a dark place that has your name on it. Not today, not tomorrow but soon enough that dark space will be illuminated and we can learn to love again.