I'm Here | Teen Ink

I'm Here

July 17, 2013
By Katieekinnz SILVER, Antrim, New Hampshire
Katieekinnz SILVER, Antrim, New Hampshire
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Its been a while now, and we haven't talked. I'm miss you. I'll always love you, even if you don't love me anymore. I feel like soon, I'll decide it's not worth being apart from you. I've heard some people say that suicide is pathetic, but it really takes a lot of courage, and everything inside of you to end everything you have. Because you don't know what's beyond life. You don't know what's going to happen after you swallow the pills, or shoot yourself in the head. Just don't know. Life is full of surprises, and unanswered questions. No one can promise you tomorrow. You can only count on today. Life is something precious you are unable to recreate. When you take it away, its gone. I do believe in God, but sometimes I think that we only have religion because its something to believe in while we are here on earth. While we are enjoying our stay, because you're only temporary. And I feel like when I go to see you. You won't even be there. I'm missing you more and more. It's like being stabbed in the heart. I want to see your face. Why did you leave me. You just left one day, and it's killing me. Literally, it hurts to not be able to talk to you anymore. I can't just pick up the phone and call you. They're saying I'll be fine. But no. I won't. I can't live without you. I would die to be with you. So die is what I'll do. I'll meet you up in heaven, if that's even place. And hope to god that you're waiting for me. I hope you're sitting there watching me as I lay here. I hope you softly sing while you watch me slowly drift to sleep. I hope that once I put this pen down, you and I can be together once again, walking hand in hand. I'm coming. My eyes are closing. I can feel everything slowing down. I won't say goodbye to anyone. I'll just lay here and wait. I'm almost there. I'm so close. So close. I'll put the pen down now, so I can lay here comfortably. Okay. I'll close my eyes. When I open them it'll be like the first time we met. And with that sexy voice of yours, and that crooked smile you'll say, "Hey beautiful."


The author's comments:
I was inspired to write this piece after my 2 friends both left.