A Frozen Moment | Teen Ink

A Frozen Moment

May 30, 2013
By Redhead_Squishy BRONZE, West Des Moines, Iowa
Redhead_Squishy BRONZE, West Des Moines, Iowa
3 articles 3 photos 7 comments

I wake at midnight in a room I have yet to be familiar with, in the arms of a person I know so well. You.

Yes, you, the love of my life. You, the person I would suffer a thousand pains for, so you wouldn’t feel it once. You, my whole entire happiness contained in one amazing, gentle, loving person. My everything--and much, much more.

I knew nothing more than the darkness that raided my innocent mind and corrupted my dreams, before I met you. It was all I knew. Yet, when you entered my life, you became the light that guided me through its storm. I swear, without you, I wouldn’t be where I am today.
I trace your softened features, trying so hard to imprint your image permanently in my forgetful mind. I want to remember how you look now, how we look, before it is too late to take advantage of our ripe and youthful years. I want to remember, before we start to fear whose going to lose whom first, near our life’s end.
However, while lost in the moment and losing myself in thought, I wake from it; by you brushing your lips delicately on my forehead. You whisper something, asking why such a precious thing as I, looks so lost and sad.

My answer: Time is moving too fast for me to grasp every good memory.

You pull me in closer to you, rocking and softly shushing me; melting my fears to oblivion. With a sweep of your hand, you gently shut my close; telling me to rest and forget my wide-eye fears. You are here and love me more than you have ever before.

That is when the scary world around fades in the background. As you hold me close, kissing the top of my head tenderly and lovingly as I drift off to sleep. Letting me breathe in your scent while in your arms, whether it is cologne, body wash, or laundry soap, brought the comfort that I have long to feel again.
That is when I feel my safest and that time has frozen, just for that moment.
I ask nothing more from you than to allow me, remind me of even, this amazing sensation, to give me this sense of security. I promise that is all I ask. Also, let me wake in the morning, with me still here in your arms.
Metaphorically, and maybe even literally, I’d die without you.


The author's comments:
I put some Broadway quotes in here subconciously. But feel free to point them out.