The journey to write a story | Teen Ink

The journey to write a story

April 23, 2013
By Purlfluff GOLD, Colfax, California
Purlfluff GOLD, Colfax, California
17 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
When you're drowning, you don't say 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,' you just scream.
-John Lennon


What to write? I don’t have the slightest idea. Stream of consciousness, how the hell am I supposed to do that? I'll turn on some music, put the iPod on. That will get me to think of some ideas. Oh god! A dub step song came on. How am I suppose to concentrate with dubstep on. Also, how did that get on my ipod. Whatever though, I need to write a story. A guy thinking about what happened after a murder? That’s good enough. I’m typing typing typing and typing. Typing a boring story. Uh, now I can’t think of anything. I will go and get a sandwich. With food in my belly I will be able to think. There is not any mayonnaise. How will I able to make a sandwich without mayonnaise!
Well back to work then. My story sucks. It needs big words. Big words like Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis. How will that even get into a themed write it’s a lung disease and my story is about a murder? My story sucks anyways, why not change it. Backspacing sucks. You are erasing what could possibly be the greatest story of all time. Yet I still do it. Ok my next story will be about a guy suffering from whatever that long word was, and these are his last thoughts. No that is a bad idea. That would be a waste of the backspace button. What if th
e backspace button fell off? That would suck. Or would it be liberating.
Who cares, I need to get back to typing. Or I could go outside and procrastinate. Procrastinating is fun. Procrastinating does give you bad grades though. I'm stuck, should I or should I not. I would stroke my beard right now if I had one. But I don’t. I still think that mustaches are cooler, so even when I am an adult, I probably will not have a beard. If I had a beard though I would have one of those giant three foot ones. Not any bigger though. I think twenty feet is the limit for beards. Has anyone gone past that? I think the record for longest beard was either seventeen feet of twenty-seven feet.
I need to start working, if I go to my teacher with nothing I will fail. Ya instead of doing the assignment i stared off into space and thought about beards. Great excuse. Sometimes I wish I had the ability to separate my mind into a robot, and have my body be a mindless working machine. Or make the robot look like me and that could be the mindless working machine. Ok I need to stop, buckle down and get to work. So I am going to turn my mind off. Here is the countdown. 5........4........3.........2.........1. Ok goodbye mind. GO.