The journey to write a story | Teen Ink

The journey to write a story

By Purlfluff GOLD, Colfax, California
Purlfluff GOLD, Colfax, California

When you're drowning, you don't say 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,' you just scream.
-John Lennon

What to write? I don’t have the slightest idea. Stream of consciousness, how the hell am I supposed to do that? I'll turn on some music, put the iPod on. That will get me to think of some ideas. Oh god! A dub step song came on. How am I suppose to concentrate with dubstep on. Also, how did that get on my ipod. Whatever though, I need to write a story. A guy thinking about what happened after a murder? That’s good enough. I’m typing typing typing and typing. Typing a boring story. Uh, now I can’t think of anything. I will go and get a sandwich. With food in my belly I will be able to think. There is not any mayonnaise. How will I able to make a sandwich without mayonnaise!
Well back to work then. My story sucks. It needs big words. Big words like Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis. How will that even get into a themed write it’s a lung disease and my story is about a murder? My story sucks anyways, why not change it. Backspacing sucks. You are erasing what could possibly be the greatest story of all time. Yet I still do it. Ok my next story will be about a guy suffering from whatever that long word was, and these are his last thoughts. No that is a bad idea. That would be a waste of the backspace button. What if th
e backspace button fell off? That would suck. Or would it be liberating.
Who cares, I need to get back to typing. Or I could go outside and procrastinate. Procrastinating is fun. Procrastinating does give you bad grades though. I'm stuck, should I or should I not. I would stroke my beard right now if I had one. But I don’t. I still think that mustaches are cooler, so even when I am an adult, I probably will not have a beard. If I had a beard though I would have one of those giant three foot ones. Not any bigger though. I think twenty feet is the limit for beards. Has anyone gone past that? I think the record for longest beard was either seventeen feet of twenty-seven feet.
I need to start working, if I go to my teacher with nothing I will fail. Ya instead of doing the assignment i stared off into space and thought about beards. Great excuse. Sometimes I wish I had the ability to separate my mind into a robot, and have my body be a mindless working machine. Or make the robot look like me and that could be the mindless working machine. Ok I need to stop, buckle down and get to work. So I am going to turn my mind off. Here is the countdown. 5........4........3.........2.........1. Ok goodbye mind. GO.