That perfect moment | Teen Ink

That perfect moment

By Mella PLATINUM, Natchitoches, Louisiana
Mella PLATINUM, Natchitoches, Louisiana

" All the World's A stage, and all the men and women merely players." - Shakespeare's "All the Worlds A Stage" poem.

Sometimes, in the heart of the night when everything lies still and the soft wind brushes across my cheeks- I can feel it. That perfect moment when everything seemed right in the world right before it all would come crashing down directly in front of you. Those moments, they say are to be cherished. Well, I cherished this one. On the worst day of my life, I was peacefull for thirty seconds. What is it about the calm before the storm? Is it like telling a child to close her eyes right before a shot? Or counting to three before ripping off a band aid? That tender moment when everything goes quiet and you start believing for just a second that everything is content and happy with the world. I love those moments. I wish I could stay like that forever. That way I'll never be sad again. I won't feel pain, or loss, or hurt, or rejection or any kind of torture again. Those mere seconds of random peacefullness are what holds me contempt throughout my day. I just can't live without it. But as I join the wind in its Earthly dance and leave the world to escape into my own- I feel alright. No more do I have to worry about teasing and taunting and bewildered stares. I can finally escape life as we know it, into another realm far away. And there I am peacefull and content. Which is all I've ever wanted to be.
-scene-