Release | Teen Ink

Release

By EmmaTheDilemma SILVER, Ravenna, Michigan
EmmaTheDilemma SILVER, Ravenna, Michigan

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

Here I am on the edge of a cliff looking down at the tumultuous waves. The circumstances that brought me into this situation are horrendous. Bad luck had fallen upon me worse than ever before.

The wind ran its icy fingers through my long hair and buffeted my emaciated body. How simple it would be to let the wind take the reigns. To let it push me off this cliff with the aid of gravity.

I stare, mesmerized, into the watery depths below. The release of death beckons me with each roaring wave. Calls for me. I have nothing left. I clench my eyes shut and step into nothingness.

I wrote this while I was going through a very difficult time in my life.

on Jul. 29 2013 at 5:30 pm
TheCapturedBat GOLD, Belen, New Mexico

If all else perished and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.
-- Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights

I can tell that this came out of deep sadness. Your writing is beautiful and I hope that this difficult time has passed and you've emerged safely.

on Feb. 23 2013 at 8:07 pm
Apollo77 PLATINUM, Brunswick, Ohio

"All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.”
"Madame, all stories, if continued far enough, end in death, and he is no true-story teller who would keep that from you."
-Ernest Hemingway

umm, wow...direct. I like the power in it, and I think it is quite beautiful and captures despair and stuff very well.