Goodbye Mom | Teen Ink

Goodbye Mom

By Vampriss GOLD, Chanute, Kansas
Vampriss GOLD, Chanute, Kansas

Z's make everything better~Me
" If you are what you eat, then I don't remember eating a sexy beast this morning" RJ
"You wouldn't go into war without your best ammo... So why would you get on stage without a Schecter?" ~Zacky V.

Hi, my name is Ashley Gray. I am sixteen, and I am a book person not so much a people person. I come from a two person family because my dad left when I was two. My mom and I live in a small two bedroom apartment in Chestervillie, Ohio. Soon after we moved, My mother became deathly ill. Where will I go after she’s gone? What will become of me? How will I mange my life after she’s gone?
I stood at the door of the hospital. It was raining heavily. I could not decide whether to go in or not. I almost always visited her after school. Ever since we moved here, she has been in and out of the hospital. The doctor’s have said she may not live very long. I am afraid for her. I am afraid that she will leave me like dad did but worse because I can’t ever find her. I decide its best to save the time I have with my mother and go in. As I walked down the silent and dark hallways, the thoughts of my mom leaving me haunted me. I slowly walked in to my mom’s hospital room, Listening for a sound to tell me she is up.. I peeked in and saw her sitting up going through a scrap book I had made her of us.
“Hey, Mom.” I said pushing open the door all the way.
“Yes, dear.” She said putting down the scrap book. “I very sorry honey. The doctor’s say my cancer is getting worse. I might not live very long.”
“Mom,” I said my voice breaking, tears spilling out. “You can’t leave me! I can’t be alone. What am I going to do after your gone?”
“I want you to be strong dear. Anyways I found your dads email and emailed him a letter regarding looking after you when I’m gone. I’m sorry honey.” She said looking at the computer on the night stand.
“Why? You could still live there is hope , Mom. Why would you email him? He is nothing to me. We could still make it.” I said running and giving her a hug. “We could make it mom.”
“Honey, You have to face reality. I could but there is not much hope my darling. Anyways we will talk about this more tomorrow. I am tired and I know you haven’t ate or done your homework.” She said.
“Okay mom. We will talk about this tomorrow.” I said getting up from her bed, giving her one last hug . “Goodbye, mom.”

on Apr. 29 2012 at 3:47 pm
ThisLife BRONZE, Madison, Alabama

You will always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
- I don't have a clue who said this

That was an interesting spin on the (i'm asuming here) last conversation between a mother and daughter. Sad scenes are sometimes hard to write and I enjoyed your version. Could you please comment on my piece :)