Becuase that's what horrible people do. And I'm a horrible person. | Teen Ink

Becuase that's what horrible people do. And I'm a horrible person.

December 15, 2011
By Karla15 GOLD, -, Arizona
Karla15 GOLD, -, Arizona
19 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
As the tide washed in the Dutch tulip man faced the ocean, "Conjoiner rejoinder poisoner concealer revelator, look at it: rising up and rising down, taking everything with it."
"What's that?" Anna asked.
"Water," said the Dutchman, "Well, and time."


I walked through the train station trying to look like I belonged. I tried to make it seem least obvious that I was running away from home. I tried to make it least obvious that I was holding two tickets in my hand for San Francisco. I was trying to make it least obvious that I was left with two tickets and I was only one person. Because the person that should have gotten the other ticket wasn't here. Just like I expected. So I walked around when it actually hit me. What was I doing? Was I really going to run away with no future plans whatsoever? That's insane. So I walked over to the trash can and ripped my tickets and threw them in. I walked over to where the train was, kind of picturing the guy I was waiting for, in it. But I didn't see him. I saw someone I thought I would never see doing this. I saw Karole Anne Brethan. The sweetest most happiest girl. But she didn't look so napping dragging a suitcase across the station with tears selling down her face. She looked sad and angry. But she didn't look scared or confused. No, she actually looked opposite of that. I stared at her for a while and she finally saw me. Standing there all by myself. I should have said something. I should have tried to stop her. But I didn't. And in any other world I wouldn't have. Not even if I could have gone back in time. I just looked at her and walked away. Like any other horrible person would do. I was a horrible person. Here I was thinking I had a sucky life, always complaining and telling everyone I was leaving and getting out of here. But there she was, smiling and not even letting anyone in. And then I felt guilt, I should have said something nice to her at school or maybe I should have stopped the kids when they were teasing her. But I didn't, cause she looked so happy. And now here she was crying and leaving town, doing what we all wanted to do. But didn't. So I kept walking away, not even looking back. Not even feeling bad. Honestly, not even caring. Because when I got home or to school, I was gonna talk about myself. About how he didn't show up and how he didn't call. And I wouldn't tell anyone about Karole. Becuase that's what horrible people do. And I'm a horrible person.


The author's comments:
I've always wanted to write something with a selfish point of view. So here I am.