Pink Ribbon... | Teen Ink

Pink Ribbon...

November 8, 2011
By Alantis SILVER, Connersville, Indiana
Alantis SILVER, Connersville, Indiana
6 articles 0 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love hurts weither its right or wrong.


She wakes up every morning extra early she knows the routine. If she gets up early enough she will be gone before he is even awake. She walks to her closet and looks over her few choices. Finally she decides upon a pink dress her mom bought her last summer. She still remembers that day so clearly the sharp sunlight shining through the sky and the exotic smell of all the new flowers blooming. Summer was and always will be her favorite season. Carefully she slips the dress on over her head carefull not to make any sudden movements. Next to her dresser to find the perfect white socks to match. She is timid in her movements trying to avoid the worst of the bruising as she puts them on. Slowley standing up she takes deep breaths trying to calm down her breathing from the rib. She knows its a crack it has happened before. She also knows if she ignores it and moves slowly enough it almost doesnt hurt. Breifly she glances up and notices the circles under her eyes, no doubt from the lack of sleep last night. She was good at dealing with pain but a glass bottle to the head was new to her. The bump on the back of her head still throbbed as though it had just happened. Quickly she wipes away the few tears from her eyes and walkes away from the mirror. Gently smoothing her hair into place she puts it into a low ponytail at the back of her neck. Finally the finishing touch she grasps the ribbon in her hand so strong if it were glass it would have shattered to the floor. Slowly and carefully she ties it around the ponytail. Then she walks out her bedroom door. Slowly and quickly down the stairs and out the front door. The last thing you see is the pink ribbon walking deeper into the summer sun.