The Sights and the Sounds | Teen Ink

The Sights and the Sounds

By ZalphaNeko GOLD, Plantation, Florida
ZalphaNeko GOLD, Plantation, Florida

I like to run. Sometimes, I’ll run for a long time. Other times, I’ll just run around the block. I really get a kick out of it. I jog at the park and at the gym and at the beach. I like to keep it interesting. When I get really sweaty, I stop and rest for a while. I watch the people walking by. Then, I laugh at how slow they are and continue on my way. I run with power and force. Each stride I take, every time I kick off the ground, I increase my momentum. I’ve beaten everyone. I used to race, in marathons and 5Ks, and I used to win them too. I was also in the army. Worked like hell. ‘Course, now I’m retired. I still run though. I do it Because I love it. And the sensation of moving in rhythm to music, drumming in my ears puts me at ease. And I feel that I can conquer anything. I am a powerhouse. I am a human machine, built to fight on the battlefield and in my home territory. Since I was in lower school and until I die. I fight the force that tears me down. I fight it like it’s a mere fly resting underneath my callused palm.