Life as I Know it.. Chapter 7 | Teen Ink

Life as I Know it.. Chapter 7

September 27, 2011
By Jesse-Marie- PLATINUM, Freehold, New Jersey
Jesse-Marie- PLATINUM, Freehold, New Jersey
46 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To love is to live. Without love, what is life?"


I walked out in to the dim lobby of the hospital. I took my hair and slowly put it up so I'd look a little more like a person and less like a monster. I rubbed my eyes and took a deep breath. I looked around the corner and couldn't believe my eyes.

"Zach...?" My voice trailed off. I couldn't believe it was him. Him in the flesh. Everything that I wanted, used to have, was here waiting for me. The one that left me, the one that didn't need me, was back again.

"Jenna! Please forgive me.. I heard what happened.. I needed to talk to you again and hear that you were alright."

B******. He left me for some w****. He cursed me out. Now, he's back for me? No. This is not going to happen. I won't go down without a fight. A good one, at that.

"Am I alright?" I growled, "You left me. For some w****. You left me alone. You broke me, you hurt me. I defended myself, I proved that I am strong, I defeated another problem in my life. And you, now that I proved I can live, think, breathe, without you, you think that I'm not okay?" I paused and caught my breath. "Well Zach, I don't need you. I don't need your fake love. Your fake tears. You're just an a**h***." I stood there for a while in silence. I was very proud of myself for sticking up for myself, yet again.

"Jenna..." Zach looked at his feet.

Haha, b****, got you now.

"Don't 'Jenna' me! I don't need your little fake apology. Just get away."

I turned around. I picked up my foot, and slowly I walked away. My head a little higher, my eyes a little brighter. But, I knew the proud feeling would be short lived.

Zach ran after me.