Without Me | Teen Ink

Without Me

By LetLoveIn... SILVER, Sugar Land, Texas
LetLoveIn... SILVER, Sugar Land, Texas

"Poetry wasn't written to be analyzed; it was meant to inspire without reason, to touch without understanding." -The Notebook

I always wondered what it would be like to the rest of the world after I was gone. Would my mom cry? Would my teachers realize my seat was empty? Would anyone
go to my funeral? I never answered these questions although I already knew the answers. It was too painful to admit the truth. So instead I'd make up my own
scenarios where everyone was destroyed by my exit.

In my mind I see my parents screaming for me to come back. Drenched in each others tears they cannot contain themselves. They are lost without me.

I then see the faces of the entire Blaiton High School student body as they hear the news. Their faces collapse and bodies fall. Everyone is horrified. They are lost
without me.

Finally I see a single person among the crowd of students. Russ Hardy. He looks sad and broken, but he's not reacting like the rest of the group. He's looking straight
up to the ceiling. The air swirls around him, drowning out the sounds of any other being. A silent sweep of energy closes in on him as he gently mouths the words,
"Take me with you". He is lost without me.