Your Day | Teen Ink

Your Day

By Tosin_Olabinjo BRONZE, Sugar Land, Texas
Tosin_Olabinjo BRONZE, Sugar Land, Texas

8:00 am

You wake up and wonder why it’s so bright outside this early in the morning. Your hand hits your clock by force of habit to turn off the alarm. Then you realize it never went off. You check it and see that your alarm was set for 6:30 p.m., not a.m. You jump out of bed. You’ve already missed your bus, but if you might make it in time for the end of first period.

8:30am- 1st period

When you enter class everyone stares at you. Many people snicker, some because you’re late. Others snicker because you accidentally put your shirt on backwards. You go to your seat thinking, “No big deal. Could be worse right?”

9:00am- 2nd period

The teacher passes out a piece of paper to everyone as you walk into the classroom. It’s the test your teacher has been warning you about for the past week. You sit at your desk, unsure of what to do. You didn’t study at all. You read the questions and are sure you’re going to fail. At least you already have an A average in the class, it shouldn’t hurt your grade too badly.

10:00am- 3rd period

The girl who has hated you since third grade stares at you angrily the entire class period. At the end of class you ask her what’s wrong. She replies, “Like you don’t know!” Then she snatches your binder out of your hand, pulls out the project you’ve been working on for the past month, rips it up, and throws it away. All you’re able to do at that point is stand there wide-eyed and open-mouthed. No one else was in class to witness it. The teacher wouldn’t believe you if you told her what happened. You’ll just have to redo the entire thing tonight.

11:00am- 4th period

P.E. Today is make-up mile run day. You’re happy at the chance of a free day since you have never missed a mile-run day. But this feeling quickly fades when the coach calls your name for mile-run. You go up to him and try to explain that he must be mistaken; you’ve never missed a day. He insists he’s not wrong and then assigns an extra mile for you to run for questioning him.

12:00pm- Lunch

Your usual seat in the cafeteria is taken and you have to sit alone. You sit there starving because you forgot your lunch money. It’s especially difficult because today is also the day they are serving your favorite lunch in the cafeteria.

12:45 pm- 5th period

You take a seat in class unsure if your day could get much worse. Your teacher hands out packets, each one the size of a book, to everyone. They’re due Monday at the beginning of class. Halfway through class the principal comes on the intercom announcing school will be closing early due to the weather. He says every person normally on bus 89, your bus, should also call their parents to pick them up, the bus had broken down. You reach for your pocket only to find out that you forgot your phone at home. You’ll have to walk home. In the rain.

1:30 pm

You’re finally back at home. When you walk in your mom greets you and asks the daily question, “How was your day?”

You stop for a moment; thinking about how you had to run two miles, all the work you have to do, how you haven’t eaten at all today, and about the fact you’re soaking wet right now. Then you simply reply,

“My day was fine.”

AnonymousJennie...., N, California

It's not the camera you use that make the picture, its the photographer

(After 1:30) I know exactly what you mean :)

this is the school one you wrote for Mr.Drayton right? ITS SOOOO GOOD!!! iloveit <3