Betrayal Part Uno | Teen Ink

Betrayal Part Uno

By Miss_Looney BRONZE, Kalispell, Montana
Miss_Looney BRONZE, Kalispell, Montana

"'Stay gold, Ponyboy. Stay gold…' The pillow seemed to sink a little and Jonny died.” -The Outsiders

You can't be sure someone is on your side until they're dead on your side of the line.
I didn't understand this at first. Well, maybe I did, I just didn't want to. It was too painful. I'd just lost so many people to this gosh d*** war, I didn't want to understand and accept and prepare for losing another.
This ignorance, you might call it, would be the death of me, my team, and my country.
My best friend, Rachelle, and I hacked computers for the FBI. I swear, it was the boringest job possible. Luckily, we were drafted by the military and became computer hackers for them. It was much more exciting.
I trusted my friend more than anything. Too bad her boyfriend was an Islamic terrorist.
When the general discovered the love letters written in Arabic, he forbid them to ever see each other again.
Rachelle swore and threatened to kill the general, so he locked us in the dorm.
I fell asleep to Rachelle hacking away at the military computer.
I woke up to her gone, the window broken, and a note taped to the computer.
I walked over to the computer and grabbed the note. Written in Arabic was the words, "Eva, I've joined the Islams. You're going to die. I'm sorry it had to end like this but you had the chance to come with me. Now your going to perish with all the rest of you blood-sucking Americans."