Nightlock | Teen Ink

Nightlock

By Rileah BRONZE, Christina Lake, Other
Rileah BRONZE, Christina Lake, Other

Life is not counted by the number of breaths you take but by the number of moments that take your breath away. <3

We come to the ladder and people start climbing. Climbing for their lives, trying to go fast so everyone will make it out. But we all know that won't happen.'Katniss' they hiss. They're coming closer and I almost take my rope out to calm myself, but that would slow me down even more. By the time all of this runs through my head we're at the Mockingjay. She climbes that ladder as if it were a tree. And so now we're at Gale. He goes fast enough that I can start climbing shortly after he does. As Gale reaches the top of the tunnel-ladder thing Katniss looks down the hole. I feel something ripping at my flesh and I think she see's the Mutts. They're tearing at me, taking chunks from my body. I know I won't make it out. They pull and pull. Katniss looks horrified, and I don't want her to watch me die. I see her take out her holo and I can just make out the words before she drops it. 'Nightlock, nightlock, nightlock.

on Mar. 28 2011 at 1:52 am
TatumCathleen SILVER,

Life is short and the world is large.

I liked it, keep up the good work :)