Alone | Teen Ink

Alone

By sparkledreamer SILVER, Los Angeles, California
sparkledreamer SILVER, Los Angeles, California

"There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive... wormhole refractors... You know the thing you need most of all? You need a hand to hold." - The Doctor

There I saw you. Your body right there yet your mind was a million miles away. Staring into thin air, with a shocked expression on your face. On the ground below was a broken glass, it had shattered when you walked in the door. Right outside, the neighbor was staring with the same shocked expression on their face. In the middle of the carpet was a baby. A 2 day old baby just laying there in a puddle of blood. Your baby. Your only child. All alone you were until she found you. She reached out to you. She cried for you. She wanted you. But yet you were uncertain. You held back. And yet she continued to cry. As if she was your own. That was just yesterday. Today you come home and she is dead. Just like that. It is as if someone wanted to hurt you. You will never know who it was. And never do you want to find out. She was the best thing that ever happened to you and now she is gone. When I saw you standing over her body I didn't know what to say. I just stood there with my arms around you trying to comfort you. I couldn't talk. I was at a loss for words. This was my weak point and I was in pain. I felt your sorrow yet it could never be my own. I will never know what it felt like. Because now I know that I will die alone.

on Feb. 15 2011 at 10:35 am
Vanendra BRONZE, Blasdell, New York

"I just sneezed and it hurt my pelvis."~Jasmine Omg
"A wise girl kisses but doesn't love"~Marylin Monroe
"I didn't tell him nowhere where you live" ~me ^-^
"I like the wolves on this textbook, they have very legs" ~Jasmine Omg

I am a little bit confused as to what just happened to the baby. I understand the emotions in this piece I just want to know how exactly did the baby die.