Never Saw You Coming Chptr 4, Fooling Angel. | Teen Ink

Never Saw You Coming Chptr 4, Fooling Angel.

By cheyenneduhon PLATINUM, Lumberton, Texas
cheyenneduhon PLATINUM, Lumberton, Texas

My head was better in the morning. I awoke to the sound of the truck door opening and closing. I blinked a couple times, and then looked to see an empty driver’s seat. Wow what a moron. Samuel left the key in the ignition, my hands tied in front of me, and he was making his way to the convenience store. I stayed where I was though. Why, I have no idea. I could have taken off, to the nearest police station and told the whole story. Now I look back and think I was afraid. No matter what Sam does, I love him. I can’t not love him. Part of me wanted to get revenge for Jace. I believed in the pit of my stomach that if I did that, Sam would get revenge on me, and it wouldn’t be too pretty.
Samuel returned minutes later, not surprised at all to see I was still there. He had burgers, chips, drinks, gum, candy, and even toothpaste and toothbrushes. Before he got in the truck though, Sam pulled the gun he was armed with last night out of waistband of his jeans and pushed it back under the seat. He stole again. He must have done it last night too. It took me a minute to understand why we didn’t run last night after his theft. He shot whoever all was in the store. Took what he wanted, and then this morning before the next shift worker came, he took more. Obviously this didn’t bother him. He pulled a pack of cigarettes out of his jacket pocket and shut the door of the truck to smoke. I reached over and dug through the bag and retrieved the hygiene products. I opened the brush and paste and brushed my teeth. I opened the door to spit as he got in the truck. With his eyes on me I placed the brush in the empty beer bottle form the night before.
“You didn’t run.” His voice said blankly.
“I’m a smarter version of you.” I looked up and him, and saw what I haven’t in years. A real smile, Samuel’s real smile. Not the fake one he has been wearing for years, the smile from when we were younger. He reached in the bag from the store, grabbed a French fry, and threw it at my head. I smiled, and said “Do it again!” He looked shocked, but reached in the bag and threw another fry. This time, I caught it in my mouth.
“Oh aren’t you a badass.” He said through a laugh.
“I could take you.” I said pointing my nose in the air. I tried to keep a straight face without laughing.
“So you just choose not to? Is that it?”
“I don’t want you to get beat by a girl.”
“I see.” I looked over, and he wasn’t smiling anymore but looking at me. He pulled out another smoke, digging around for a lighter. I opened the glove box and pulled out a red one.
“How’d you know one was there?” He asked curiously.
“Everyone keeps one there.” I handed him the lighter and in second smoke filled the truck.
“You don’t want one do you?” He asked mockingly. He knew I didn’t. Sam liked the fact that he tricked me into drinking last night. Now I had a feeling that is all I would be drinking from now on. I wouldn’t smoke though. My lungs like to be in good shape.
“Nah, your second hand is satisfying enough.”
“As you wish. Here, eat a burger. Oh and here is you another drink. This time, I suggest not chugging it all and getting tipsy in one drink alright?” He was now laughing so much, he could barely finish his sentences.
“I’ll drink how I want thanks.” I popped the cap, and tilted my head back taking half the beer in one. I made no face, and ignored the burn in my throat again. I looked him dead in the eye as I swallowed. Sam was impressed.
“I see the angel in the family had us all fooled.” He said as he started the car, cigarette dangling out the window. I began eating my burger, and started to wonder what was going on back in Alabama.

4th Chapter. Hope none of you out there reading these are tired of this continuing story...because i am going to keep writing onto it. =) Please try to enjoy!