My Bebe Linda (part 4)- Charlotte's Story Continued | Teen Ink

My Bebe Linda (part 4)- Charlotte's Story Continued

May 1, 2010
By fusrodahsaraaa GOLD, Albany, Other
fusrodahsaraaa GOLD, Albany, Other
16 articles 5 photos 47 comments

It was nice to spend a night somewhere other than your own home, and yet sometimes it was not as nice as some might think; what with aunt Melody stalking around and giving out looks that could drown a fish. At least I had Thomas by my side, and hopefully he would agree to come with me- faraway from here; I was hoping for Brisbane at least! We lay together on the bed, his arms around me like towers- holding me together. And that’s all we did for a certain amount of time; lay there in silence, until, “Tom,”
“Yeah, what’s up?” He mumbled, smiling ingeniously at me.
“Well, I’ve been thinking, and, well, I was going to go on a trip; not a holiday type trip but-…”
“Yep, no holiday trip, gotcha. So why are we going?”
“I was getting up to that bit. I’m going to search for my dad. I mean, I know Blair has told me that he died before I was born, but I seriously don’t believe her; my heart is telling me that he’s out there and he’s waiting for me.” I wept.
Thomas looked at me with those soothing green eyes; I knew things were better with him around. “If that’s what you want, then we’ll go on this ‘no holiday’ trip!”
I laughed at his expression, wiping the tears from my heavily sodden eyes. He hugged me again and whispered in my ear, “Together, forever!” and that, is when I fell asleep.
*
Mornings always come with a package saying ‘Sleepy and drastically under the weather.’ I was under the weather alright, and looking like sleeping made things worse for me. My hair was a mess, as usual, and I had dark shadows under my eyes- I certainly looked similar to a vampire, except that they had nice clothes and hair. I was not a vampire, just in case you were wondering. Thomas wasn’t in the bed when I woke up, but I heard a low rattle coming from the wardrobe. Taking a peek at the clock I realised what time it was. “Thomas, what the hell, I mean come on its 5 in the morning, no wonder why I look like Frankenstein’s newest creation!”
I heard his brief chuckle from the robe, and noticed him walking out of it. He was holding a large ruck-sack with clothes and essentials for the so called ‘trip.’
“You know, I was thinking last night, we might need clothes and shoes and stuff to keep us going for the next god-knows how many weeks!” He whispered, so not to wake Hellody.
“Yeah, well aren’t you prepared for everything?” I smacked the pillow at him. He grabbed the other and lightly smacked me back. “I bet you were the woman in the relationship in your past life! I mean, come on, aren’t I the one who is meant to get up early and start packing; look at me, I’m still lounging on your bed!”
He gave me a furtive look and I gave him one back. “Well, man in the relationship, how about you get up off of that bed and come help me pack, unless of course you wanna stay with Melody and listen to her babble?”
“No Sir,” I tried my best to give him my serious face, but giggled. “Where would you like me to start?”
“Clothes are your department. I may be the so-called woman, but I’m not so ‘sure-fire’ on the whole ‘fashion meets farmer.’”
“Are you saying I am allergic to fashion?” I asked, giving him the once-over. “Look at yourself; what with the black jeans and white shirt, I mean come on, is it penguin week already?”
“Ok, let’s not get away with ourselves. Clothes. Now.”
I raised my arms in defeat and gave him a defiant look. I spent the next minute looking through his clothes; one, two, three pairs of skinny legs- uh, where did I find this boy? Hopefully not on the curb of some metro bar. “So, how many pairs of jeans do you wear in a day?” I asked, with a touch of nonchalance.
“Was that a trick question, to me it would be one, you know because I’m not gay and everything!” He smiled, mildly easing the tension of his sexuality. I gave him a questioning look. “Charlotte, I’m serious. There is no homo in me, ok?”
“Ok, ok. I was just wondering.”
We packed in silence for quite a while; a long while.


The author's comments:
Next bit...have fun!