Beautiful | Teen Ink

Beautiful

By MusicInMyHeart<3 PLATINUM, Lansdale, Pennsylvania
MusicInMyHeart<3 PLATINUM, Lansdale, Pennsylvania

Time will not dim the glory of their deeds...

A heart afraid to love will never learn to dance...

"My mistake, I didn't know to be in love you had to fight to have the upper hand..."

The twilight fell on her pale skin as she watched the rose fall to the sidewalk. The seasons were changing and the old lady next door was trying to capture the last bits of summer while she could. The red pedals seemed to shimmer in the evening air around them. She closed her eyes and breathed deeply, holding her own arms close to her chest as the chill tickled her skin. Her breath escaped her lips as slowly as it could so the still air barely fluttered. Her eyes opened and she saw the first few stars appearing in the fading light. The old lady had gathered her basket of things and carefully tottered her way to the girl. With worn yet nimble fingers she lift a rose to her nose, closed her eyes and smiled. Then she reached out her hand to give the rose to the girl with a smile. "Beautiful," she said in a heavy, foreign accent. The girl took the rose and smiled questioningly as the old lady turned to totter back to her house. Holding the rose, she noticed it shimmered in the twilight as she smiled.