But I Know | Teen Ink

But I Know

April 11, 2010
By sydneeharris16 DIAMOND, Auburn, Maine
sydneeharris16 DIAMOND, Auburn, Maine
76 articles 4 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
we the willing, lead by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. we have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.


You tell me all the time, these good ideas. Math, language arts, science. All your ideas could pertain to one of them. But I'm the only one who knows. All your hockey, football, and baseball friends just think your another one of them. You hide the fact your in AP math. You don't tell them. But i know. You didn't tell them when we won the debate a few months back. They didn't know you were on the debate team. But i know. I was there. This persona, why are you just letting it go? Pull it back, tell them the truth.

Maybe I'll push you. Maybe then, you'll fall, and blame me. It would be your fault. Too scared to tell them everything. They think I'm a nerd. Because I'm on the debate team, and I'm in AP english, well so are you.

They tell you all the time, break up with her. She's too nerdy.

They have no idea.


The author's comments:
This is branched off non-fiction. My boyfriend is on the hockey team, football and baseball. he is in Debate AP English and AP math. But he doesn't hide it. It's just that some people do.