I'm a Liar | Teen Ink

I'm a Liar

By OlenkaOMg GOLD, Mooresville, North Carolina
OlenkaOMg GOLD, Mooresville, North Carolina

Be avant garde.

I lie sometimes but who doesn't. My parents lie about family members to protect me and my friends lie to my face to not trash me, though they are planning a fun trip without me. It sucks though, because i feel like no one really notices me, or really care how i feel. I had a habit for a while to eat and dispose the trash in the couch or whereever else it could go. I never admitted that i did it, because i never got caught. I would clean it up before my parents would notice.

Shoplifting was another bad habit of mine. I would take rings, bracelets or necklaces into my purse when no one was looking. Everything is pricey and in this economy; the price was not worth the paying, but the object was more vaulable than the illegal action so i took it. Cameras never scared me because i convinced myself not to believe in them. Nothing was going to get in my way.
Things however got worse after I had gained some extra pounds. I didnt realize i did until i couldnt fit into the size 12's anymore. My parents were scared that i had a bad metabolism, so they took me to the doctor. They found nothing wrong, except to the fact that i am overweight. I started exercising, but i just maintained the weight. My bad habits were still going on.
My parents then started finding the wrappers and knew i was probably the reason for my health. I denied the whole thing. They said ok, but warned me that i am killing myself inside and that this was not normal. I am not normal.

I am fat, a thief and a lier. I live in poison everyday and i just want to escape. I dont know what to do, but i guess that is part of the journey. You need to find out what to do. Where do I start? Cold turkey?

That is my warning and its my pledge to stop and get the hell out.