The Brook | Teen Ink

The Brook

By booklover618 GOLD, Harlingen, Texas
booklover618 GOLD, Harlingen, Texas

She was in a sad place. Her heart was hurting and her feelings were tired. There were too many people around for her to be able to find rest. Solitude was the only thing on her mind. So she went to the brook. She listened to it's watery music and for a while she forgot everything, yet her life was waiting for her and she had to go back.

Days passed by and brought more grief of heart to her. She couldn't find love nor could she give it. That was what mattered to her most. To be able to love and to feel loved. It was such a longing that she forgot all else. So her sadness increased because love was not to be found and she refused to see the blessings around her.

And then he came. A man to hold her and breathe charming whispers into her ear. She fell for him; he was all she needed. Yet his tongue spoke only lies, his eyes lusted, and his heart did not feel guilt. He used her and then threw her away and went in search for another young maiden.

She felt numb. Nothing offered her solace for her broken heart. She longed to have her empty heart back rather than the one she had now that bled. Her mind cursed her with memories of a faithless man. So she ran away, back to the brook.
She listed to it's song. It sang comfort to her and opened it's loving arms. She realized then that the brook was God. He was the on who comforted her and listened to her sorrows. He was the only one who could make her grief disappear. All she need to do was love Him.

Everyone's gone through a hard time in there life and they've felt utterly alone, but knowing God is always there to love you, makes life so much easier.

on Feb. 10 2010 at 11:28 am
Gwenthegreat BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut

"Live like you will die tomorrow, and dream like you will live forever."

I really enjoyed this story! it's true, many people have their own kind of brook they run back to when times get hard.