Valentine's Day Idiot | Teen Ink

Valentine's Day Idiot

January 29, 2010
By RiotRave SILVER, Earlimart, California
RiotRave SILVER, Earlimart, California
7 articles 0 photos 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
"What the frick?!!"
"That's what she said"


If this was her idea of a joke, then it was unbelievably not funny. I will not disclose the contents of the cheesy poems, but Ethan Summers (that's me) does not do poetry. I was sure Krissy knew this.
"I thought you would think it was nice," she said (evidently not).
"You know me better than that. What are you playing at anyway? Just 'cause it's Valentine's Day doesn't mean I'm gonna turn into a love-dovey zombie like everything else."
She narrowed her eyes at me. "I thought you were human."
"Yes. I am human, not an idiot."
Krissy raised an eyebrow. "So... writing a poem to someone you like is idiotic? Are you calling me an idiot?" When she doesn't yell, that's when she gets scary.
I sighed. "I didn't say that. What I meant was--wait, what?"
"O M frickin' G are you that stupid? Obviously, you had no idea I've been crushin' on you since, like, forever."
"I... you didn't--you... what?!"
"Yes, genius. Why do you think I started wearing all this stupid make-up?"
"Because... you're a girl?"
She punched my arm (ow). "No, stupid. I wear it so you'll notice me. I even bought some stupid skirts. And when I try to tell you, you call me an idiot."
"No, no, no.... I wasn't calling YOU an idiot. It's... why didn't you say anything before?"
"Becaaaaaauuuuuuse you wouldn't shut up about Courtney Callahan. She's an airhead cheerleader, Ethan! Like she's really going to pay attention to a tennis player--not that there's anything wrong with that."
We were silent for a couple of minutes. Krissy like me?! That didn't sound physically possible. It didn't even make any sense. It was a while before I realized she was talking again.
"... thought that if I told you straight out, you'd let me down." She glanced up at me. "And I guess I was right." Krissy started walking away.
"Kris, wait--"
She turned suddenly. "By the way, you're friends knew I liked you. Why do you think they kept canceling on you, and then I would call to make plans with you? Idiot."


The author's comments:
I wrote this a while ago, like, in January, and all my friends were talking about stupid V-Day. Mostly lovey-dovey stuff. It really annoys me. This situation happened to a friend of mine. Names are changed of course.