Butterflies | Teen Ink

Butterflies

January 21, 2010
By EMOEMY GOLD, Flower Mound, Texas
EMOEMY GOLD, Flower Mound, Texas
15 articles 2 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If the world didn't suck we would all fall off", "My life's goal is to make those closest smile and laugh", "If you don't like it change it"


Have you ever stopped to smell the flowers or tried to be a butterfly?

I have.

I smelled all types of flowers. Big ones, little ones, red ones, blue ones, budding ones and dying ones. Each had it’s own unique smell.

I felt like a little kid again. I left that peaceful place as fast as an airplane flying through the sky. Running my engine, zooming by buildings and over people. I was in my favorite sneakers and my bouncy pigtails flying through the air.

I reached a light and suddenly turned into a rabbit. I felt like I was hopping and under me was smoldering lava.

I reached the abandon house at the end of my street. I scaled the vine ladder like a squirrel would a tree.

Once inside, I was instantly turned into royalty. I was greeted by hundreds of others who had waited for my arrival. I walked to the door and was transformed into a singer with paparazzi everywhere. Suddenly, I slid down the stair railing like I was a surfer catching a wave. I rushed out the door to escape.

I raced on my bike like I was Lance Armstrong and won by a foot. Before I knew it I was racing horses, which magically turned into a bucking bronco in a rodeo contest. At the eight-second buzzer I landed in a flying house.

I ran into THAT man he gives me the creeps. He slapped me across the face. He swore profanity while screaming at me. My mom lying there sobbing on the floor. I could see where he had hit her. I turned around and ran.

I ran to the high school. It is three stories tall and the roof is unlocked. I like to sit on the edge and dangle my legs off the side on windy days.

I ran to the top and swerved around all the flowers, they smelled like perfume. I sat down in the middle of all the flowers. Then HE came, I would usually sit there and watch the bugs crawl around me. For the first time, there was a flutter of butterflies. They mesmerized me instantly making me forget HE was there.

I became a butterfly on the top of the school by the park. I followed the flutter of butterflies. I flew around flowers and then my mind went blank. I lost control of my body like I was in the seat of a carousel ride. I just watched myself mimic the butterflies. Flying up and down, round and round right until I hit the ground. Finally I can rest.

The pain kicked in. I realized I had followed them off the edge of the schools rooftop.


The author's comments:
Its not true for me, but for some it is. (If you have seen/been through this don't follow her example tell someone as soon as possible)