You Jump I Jump Jack | Teen Ink

You Jump I Jump Jack

By Cassandramaryg SILVER, San Pedro, California
Cassandramaryg SILVER, San Pedro, California

My phone buzzed and I unlocked it to check the new text message. It was from Hayden.

what are you up to?

bored out of my freakin my mind
and yourself?

craving some fun.
lets hangout
ill pick you up in 10?

I smiled
sweet :)
I replied.
I walked over to my closet and pulled out my faded blue skinnys, black converse,and a blue v-neck. I took one step outside and went right back in for a jacket.I grabbed my little black peacoat and by the time I was back outside Hayden was pulling up in a black mustang. A chill crept up my spine when I got in and I pulled my jacket tighter around me. We headed to an area I didn't know that was a little bare and empty.
"You don't mind heights do you?"he asked.
"Why?" I asked as we turned onto a narrow street. There was a tall, high platform at the end of the street surroned by nothing at all. Underneath it looked like an open
jumper and lights aimed toward it that were switching colors.
"Were doing a show next Friday,"he said.
My mouth dropped open.
"Up there," he pointed.
As I got out of the car I still couldn't take my eyes off the five story platform with safety rails along the sides. We walked over to the back and I stared at the long silver ladder wondering if I would fall off it. Hayden put his guitar strap on and slung it on his back and began going up expecting me to follow him, after about five minutes I did. I took the rungs one by one looking down every once in a while to see how far off the ground we were. When I reached the top Hayden offered me his hand and I took it and grapsed the metal safety rails and felt the cool feeling on my warm hands. I heard an amp or two turn on and I listened to him strum a little and test the sound,it was good. I heard nothing then felt hands on my shoulders that made me scream and jump closer to the middle of a platform so I almsot hit a microphone.
"Bella, calm down," Hayden laughed.
"I'm really not that great with heights."
"Your okay," he said. He rubbed my shoulders and walked away to the mic and began to test it with a Rooney song. It sounded good with just him.
"I don't know what to say,every word just makes you turn away,and I don't know what to do.Every day I want to be with you, well I've lost the battle and I'm losing the war, And I keep on asking myself what for, If you believe in fate and destiny, then open your eyes and believe in me." He sang the chorus of "Believe In Me" and then stopped messing with the amps. He set his guitar down in his case and walked by me. I watched every move he made.
He stopped and studied me. I knew he was seeing the hazel eyes, the dark brown hair curled and loose, and I was liking the me he saw. I looked at the brown styled hair and
brown eyes. He stepped closer to me and lightly pushed the bangs out of my eyes so I barely felt his fingers brush against my forehead. Headlights from a car below hit us and we pulled
apart fast. I heard a click and watched the silver ladder fall to the floor with a thud. I began to hyperventilate.
"How are we supposed to get donw?"
He studied the ladder and looked over the front of the stage.
"We jump," he said simply.
"Oh woah, no," I backed into the center of the stage.
"Bella it's only five stories and you land on a jumper. Come on live a little," he began walking toward the edge and turned to face me.
I took a deep breath.
He stretched out his hand and gave me a look of reassurance.
"Do you trust me?"
I took his hand and squeezed it. We climed over the safety rail and stood looking at the fall.
"You sure?" he asked.
I didn't take my eyes off the spot in the jumper I wanted to land in.
"You jump I jump Jack."
We jumped and I felt my stomach in my chest. I hit the surface butt first and bounced a little. Hayden bounced himself so that he was on top of me. I laughed and breathed out, trying to steady my shaking hands.
"Way to go Harman," he whispered as his gaze traveled to my lips. He rolled over so he was laying a little above me. I looked up at him and admired the guy laying next to me.
The full cheeks, the warm brown eyes, and the soft lips. I imagined the feeling of having them on mine and I shut my eyes then looked up at the moon.
When I looked back at him a smile grew on my face, then his grew wider at seeing me smile.
We lay there on that cool October night, waiting for nothing, speaking no words, simply enjoying everything about each other.

A typical boy shows girls how to enjoy life and live. This is just a sample; I'm working on a full story.