Unspoken Passion (Part 4) | Teen Ink

Unspoken Passion (Part 4)

By cheyenneduhon PLATINUM, Lumberton, Texas
cheyenneduhon PLATINUM, Lumberton, Texas

“You ready?” Nate whispered in Tacy’s ear. She smiled grabbed her bag off the ground, and wrapped her fingers around his. Nate squeezed her hand and led her to his car. She slid in the car passenger seat and pulled on her seatbelt. She watched carefully as Nate pulled out of the parking lot. “As the best figure skater in history you have control of the radio, listen to whatever!” She began to dig in her bag and pulled out a purple Ipod. She plugged it up and started listening from the top of the list. While Alone in this bed by Framing Hanley filled the car she took a deep breath and closed her eyes as she relaxed her head on the rest. A few minutes later she turned to him and signed, “What position do you play in hockey?”
“Forward left wing.”
“Is it hard?”
“Not to me. I love skating and smashing into people.”
“Wow, sounds like fun.”
Laughing Nate said, “You have no idea!”
“What’s your family like?” She signed curiously.
“Pretty average. I have an older brother and a younger sister. So I’m the middle child.
“How old is your sister?”
“Two years younger. So thirteen. I don’t think she is enjoying being a teenager.”
“Why not?”
“She is a girl, tons of that crying screaming drama crap.”
“Oh, I remember that. But I didn’t have as much as other girls.” She said disappointed.
“Trust me, you should consider yourself lucky. It isn’t something you wish for.”
“I know. What’s her name?”
“Skye. She is dying to meet you. I’m going to teach her some before though.” Tacy smiled and closed her eyes again until they arrived.

Slowly they glided to a stop, and Tacy didn’t move an inch. Nate unbuckled his seatbelt and leaned over the seat next to Tacy. He moved close to her face, so close he felt her steady breathing on his face. He moved the one string of hair that had fallen out of the pinned up bump of bangs to the side of her face. The touch caused her eyes to flutter open, and Nate didn’t even surprise her. She just looked at him straight in the eyes. They sat there, staring at each other, for a few more seconds then Nate moved the hand that had been resting on her face down and unbuckled her. He moved away slowly, then got out of the car and smiled when he reached Tacy, who was staring at the open pond and the shaded weeping willow tree, where they would have their first date.
Nate reached in the back of his gray Toyota and grabbed a large picnic basket. Then he took Tacy’s hand and they walked toward the willow. When under the shade, he pulled out a large orange blanket for the two of them to sit on.

She gracefully sat down and watched Nate pull contents out of the basket. There was: two monster energy drinks, two sandwiches, and a jumbo bag of peanut butter M&Ms. Nate looked at her and smiled thinking about how lucky he was. She smiled in silent reply and picked up both sandwiches and placed them back into the basket. They opened the M&Ms and drinks and began to talk as the wind blew around them.

After an hour of talking Nate sprung to his feet and grabbed Tacy’s hand pulling her up. They quickly moved to the other side of the tree where a sturdy wooden swing was held by a branch. She sat on the swing which reached just about two feet above the sandy ground. “Are you afraid of heights?”
“Not with you here.” She signed to him.
“Good.” He said chuckling as he began to push her. As Tacy moved higher and higher she grew closer to the pond. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She let go of the rope and fell into the beautiful pond.
“TACY!!!!” Nate screamed and sprinted after her. Driving into the clear blue pond he saw her pink eyes glowing with pure delight. They both rose from the water with droplets streaming down their faces. Her ponytail had come loose and her dark hair fell over shoulders and stuck to her face. Nate moved close to her, so close he felt her shaky breath on his skin. He slowly moved his hand into the water and brushed the strands of hair form her face. When he touched her she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. He bent his head down also closing his eyes. He rested his forehead on hers and ever so lightly their noses bumped. Her bright eyes popped open and she smiled wrapping her arms around his neck. Moving his hands in the water, Nate grabbed her waist and pulled her even closer. At first it was such a soft kiss he almost didn’t feel it. He pulled away slightly from her and looked at Tacy. She moved herself back to where they just were and tilted her head up. Taking the hint, Nate kissed her again.
Nate and Tacy sat under the willow tree holding each other drying off from their romantic swim. “What is your real eye color?” Nate whispered softly in her ear. She tilted her head toward him and looked right at him. Extremely carefully he pulled her bottom eye lid down and took out her pink contact. The brown color was almost dull compared to the pink but the brown was extravagant. Around the outside ring was a dark brown then as you came closer and closer to the pupil the color faded lighter. To Nate, Tacy looked just as beautiful.
“Why do you wear the contacts?” Nate asked.
“I love my eye color, it is the odd color in the family. But have to see with contacts and the clear kind made them look ugly. Pink was the only color contact that looked good on me.” She signed in response.
“You’re right. You look just as outstanding” Nate stated squeezing her arms. She carefully placed the contact back in her eye and looked up at Nate. That’s how they stayed. Staring at each other until Nate finally took her hand, no telling how much later, and led her back to the truck.

Tacy fell into a light sleep on the ride to her house. Her eyes fluttered open when the car stopped and she turned her head toward Nate. He ran his fingers through her hair and asked if she wanted him to walk her to the door. She signed no and squeezed his hand before exiting the car.

Sorry everyone i couldnt find the usual pic!

JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
William Shakespeare

even if it has a different pic it was still great!!! : ]

for some freaking reason it put the wrong pic!!