Swimmer | Teen Ink

Swimmer

By Lovebeingloved SILVER, Yucca Valley, California
Lovebeingloved SILVER, Yucca Valley, California

The water engulfs me as I dive. The coolness rolls on my skin, making me shiver with delight. I hear nothing. Nothing but the mute whispers of the water that surrounds me every angle, every side, every curve. I open my eyes. The blurry scene around me is shapeless and clear blue. I start to glide forward. My hair fans out in every direction, catching the sunligt that beams through the thin surface of the water. My hands reach out for the blue and grab nothing but the force that pulls me forward. The water suffocates me in a way, for I can not breathe, yet it makes me free in every other way. I must surface for air. The oxygen fills my lungs and I return to the bottom. I listen to the water sigh in long peaceful breaths. I move forward again. I have so much freedom when I am in the water. The land I live on restricts me from this lack of gravity. How I love the freedom the clear blue holds. How I love the feeling of peacefulness it brings to me. The water is my life. It is my obsession. It is my world.

I am a swimmer on the high school swim team and I love everything about it! Being in the water is my escape from reality for as long as practice lasts;)

INCREDIBLE!! said...
Wow that was like utterly amazing! You need to keep writing and posting them on Teenink. Absolutly awesome and not to mention descriptive and beautifull!!!!;-)