Dear Mel | Teen Ink

Dear Mel

November 3, 2009
By Bliss SILVER, Poland, Ohio
Bliss SILVER, Poland, Ohio
8 articles 0 photos 18 comments

Dear Melinda,


As I write this letter, I really want to ask you why you missed Rossi’s party. But if I did I’d sound stupid only because you’ve told me 1,00 times that you’re going to the lake and can’t do anything to get out of it. I was going to call you and tell you about the party but since I’m now grounded for going, I’m writing you a letter.

Mel, you really should have came, everyone else did! Ha-ha. It kicked off like an episode of Gossip Girl. I was at Sheila’s along with the rest of the group, and we all got this text message at the same time saying:
Yo Yo Yo what you doing tonight?
I’ll tell you what you could be doing.
Huge party goin down @ rossi’s house.
Starts at 8.
We all thought and stared at each other awhile because Rossi doesn’t seem like the type of guy to have a party. Later we found out what that his parents and little brother went to Chicago and he hadn’t wanted to go so he stayed home. Of all people him the rebellious one?

Meanwhile we snuck out around 8, and left pillows under blankets that looked like us. We had Ally cover for us too! Boy, that was dangerous, I’d never felt so bad! Don’t tell my mother. First off his house is huge. It looked big on the outside but it’s even bigger on the inside. There we so many people in his house, it wasn’t even funny. He told everyone about it, except his parents and lil brother. Ha-ha.

If you were to walk though his front door (which we didn’t we came through the side) you’d see red plastic cups scattered around and people dancing, holding them high to avoid a spill. You’d also see Rossi with half his hair dyed yellow and sticking up straight like he’d been electrocuted while using a blow drier. When you went down stairs, in his basement, you could hear the DJ blasting Snoop Dogg songs and surprisingly Snoop rapping along with it. Rumor has it he was finishing up a tour in Cleveland and going to Pittsburg. He got a text that there was a party going on and he couldn’t miss it. One text goes along way.

Rossi had this electromagnetic dance floor where every time you stepped on it, it lit up a different colour. Amazing, yes. Expensive, yes. How did he get it, no idea? But not only were all of our friends dancing on it but so was Taylor Lautner! (You know the dude I keep obsessing over?) No word on how he got there but I think it was through a text. He was a wicked dancer, too! D and he really got the crowd jumping. (Don’t worry I have pictures)

If you weren’t dancing you were doing 1 of 3 things. Either eating upstairs with Pat and the gang; they had totally devoured his kitchen like a mad house. So, Rossi called Inner Circle and ordered a whole bunch of food, even salad. Or you were playing poker, because he had this amazing poker table down stairs and a bunch of people literally cashed in or checked out. I myself even played a few rounds. I won Taylor L’s t-shirt and wore it all evening. :] Jack bet his soul but luckily no one it. Perhaps, you could have just been socializing upstairs and watching the USC Texas football game.

In his house you could feel the humidity sticking to you, uhh. But the party kept on. We were so stupid we didn’t even open 1 window. D was trying to break dance with Kaylee but it fell through, Jack and Jason we’re rapping with snoop, and scratching the turntables.
It was blast! Something like this probably won’t happen again. At least not at my house. Oh my goodness, I totally forgot to tell you how the end went down. It was 12:55 and my heart was racing, people were sweaty and the hem on Sheila’s skirt was falling out. Everyone slowly came upstairs, the party was shutting down. The power in Rossi’s house kept tripping in and out and in and out. Personally, I was getting freaked out. The next thing we knew we all heard sirens, police sirens coming down his street and being smart kids, ran outta there! Really, quickly people threw on their shoes, slicked hair into pony tails and took off running. The doors were over crowded so Ethan and Gio started piling people out of the windows. Lord only knows what happened to Snoop, and Taylor Lautner, they disappeared after the power fused out the first time. (At least I have his shirt)
Well, I’m going to leave it at that. I think I’ve told you enough. Trust me by the end of the week or whenever you get back, you’ll hear so much about it, it’ll be like you were there!

Your best friend who never wants you to miss a party again,


The author's comments:
I was to do this for english class and I really wanted anyone who read it to feel like they were there. Did I do that?