She Couldn't See It | Teen Ink

She Couldn't See It

October 9, 2009
By Deverie♥ SILVER, Carthage, Illinois
Deverie♥ SILVER, Carthage, Illinois
7 articles 0 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
I will seriously kick your butt....verbally.


Do you remember when you could see? The beautiful things that were right before your eyes? Do remember the sunsets? Or, perhaps, the beautiful sunrises? Well imagine a sunset all over again. But this one is the most beautiful I’ve ever seen.

I was in my cabin last night. I decided to step outside and breathe in the mountain air. I sat in my chair and peered through the trees. The sun was slowly setting. The oranges and pinks stretched across the sky, while a purple haze was erasing the citrus colors underneath it. It was absolutely breath-taking. I had to see more of it.

I followed a trail that led away from my house. I had to be quick so I wouldn’t miss this. I hurriedly walked down the dusty path until I was at my favorite spot. I sat on a log and looked to the sky. A flock of geese were flying in a V, as if they were cutting across a famous painting. I stared in amazement as the sun was peeking over the mountain staring right back at me.” I said with a smile on my face. My audience, an older blind woman named Alice, sat in silence. A silent tear ran down her face.

“It does, it sounds very beautiful.” She said quietly.


The author's comments:
once again, a creative writing project