Unspoken Passion (Part 3) | Teen Ink

Unspoken Passion (Part 3)

By cheyenneduhon PLATINUM, Lumberton, Texas
cheyenneduhon PLATINUM, Lumberton, Texas

Friday he looked for Tacy everywhere at school but never saw her. The image in his head of her was fading and he just wanted to be next to her. Then an idea struck him. If her competition is tomorrow, she will probably have a practice again! He asked some buddies if they knew where the ‘needs’ classes where and he discovered it was in the building next to his last class. Slowly, time passed but soon the last bell rang and he rushed through the crowds, out the building, and into the next building. Out of breath he walked up to a wooden door that showed a plaque saying ‘Needs’. He waited by the door for a few seconds then heard it click open. Tacy strode out with her long hair flowing behind her. When her pink eyes spotted Nate her whole face gleamed with pleasure. “I found you!” Nate said jokingly. “Do you have practice today?” Tacy nodded in response. “Well, do you need a ride?” She signed with her hands, “No my older brother is picking me up. And anyways, I’d rather not have you come and see me fall on my butt again!”
“You look beautiful even when you fall.” He said taking her hand and wrapping it around his. “Can I walk you to the parking lot?”
“Of course!” She signed blushing. Together they walked, they talked and smiled and when she waved at her brother, Nate didn’t want to let go of her hand. “So you have to go?” He asked desperately.
She squeezed his hand and signed to him. “Why do you care so much for me? You can’t even here my voice!”
“You’re unique, and I want to get to know you. Because I think if I do get to know you, I might start falling in love with you.” Nate said without thinking. With saying that tears streamed down Tacy’s face. He brushed them away from her face and asked fearfully, “Why are you crying?”
“Nobody has ever said anything like that to me! I’m just so happy!”
“Well that’s a good thing isn’t it?” She hugged him very tight around his neck and he held her waist. She whispered so so softly “Of course.”

The next day Nate got up early and ate breakfast and took a shower so he would be nice and clean for his date with Tacy. He dressed himself in jeans that were faded at the top but gradually became darker towards the bottom. Then he pulled on a white T-shirt that included a gray design, topped off with a black sports blazer. The mirror reflected a sophisticated young man ready for a semi-casual date. Dabbing on a bit of cologne he walked in his younger sister’s room. “I have a stupid question.” Nate declared as he entered.
“What this time?” She asked casually.
“How do I smell?” Taking a deep breath, young Skye, closed her eyes and smiled.
“You smell amazing! So who’s the girl?”
“None of your……”Nate stopped for a minute, turned around and closed the door, then sat down in her desk chair.
“Her name is Tacy. She is lovely Skye, absolutely beautiful! She smiles and makes me feel like I can do anything I set my mind to. She seems so lonely but when I’m with her, it feels like I’m making her happy. Just being there is good enough for her.”
“She have any strange qualities?”
“I don’t think it’s strange…I like her anyways!”
“What is it?”
“She is mute.” Nate replied without a hint of embarrassment. His little sister crawled across her bed where she was on the edge closest to him and hugged him so tight Nate felt his face turn a slight pink. “I have never loved you so much!”
“Haha! Sure you have!” Nate chuckled.
“You know sign language?” Skye asked curiously.
“Just learned. If it’s okay with you I want to teach you so you can talk to her.”
“Oh yes please!” Skye exclaimed hugging him again almost as hard.
“Okay I have to go. I look and smell okay?” Nate asked again.
“Yes! Now get going!”
“Love you too!” He said as he exited the door. He bounded down the stairs, going over his new language in his head.

When arrived at the rink, people were mingling and slurping down drinks. Nate stopped at a concession stand to buy himself a large drink and small box of candy. Then he went and found a seat not too far away from the front row. Some young girls were warming up and Nate wondered if any of them would grow up to be as charming as Tacy.

When Nate heard Tacy’s age group called, he snapped to attention. The girls he had seen practice did their routines and smiled as they disappeared from the ice. Girl after girl Nate became more anxious.

While Nate was deep in thought, the lights dimmed causing Nate to come back to focus. Out skated Tacy, in a leotard that fit just right showing off her curves. She smiled to the crowd turning her head in every direction causing her hair that was pulled into a straight ponytail to swish over her shoulder. With her bangs pulled back in a bump Nate could see every feature on her face. He almost began to choke, because he had forgotten to breathe because of her extreme beauty. She began skating and Nate didn’t blink for a second. She finished her routine perfectly, but it seemed so natural, not like a computerized robot.

Tacy didn’t win, but she placed fourth out of the fifteen in her age group. Nate waited before getting up from his seat, and going to the back to find her. He entered the doors and Tacy was the first person that caught his eye. He smirked as she quickly made hand motions to what he assumed was her family. A tall dark man towered over the group. He looked fierce but his eyes were soft green and filled with love. Then a fragile woman stood beside him, proudly watching her daughter make motions and signals. Nate recognized Tacy’s older brother who wasn’t as dark as his father, but much more masculine. He had the same green eyes as his father, even though, his were brighter. He stood with his arm around Tacy’s shoulders smiling wide and happily. He was scanning the room, and when he discovered Nate, his eyes brightened and he walked toward Nate. Being respectful, Nate held out his hand even before Tacy’s brother reached him. As they firmly shook, he patted Nate on the should and said, “Nice seeing you again, Nate it is?”
“Yes.” Nate said respectfully as he nodded.
“I’m Dwayne. Tacy’s older and wiser brother, we need to have a talk one day okay?”
“Sounds great.” Nate replied shielding his fear and nervousness. All those feelings faded away when Tacy ran and wrapped her arms around his neck. He blushed with embarrassment but held her back. As her parents stepped forward they pulled away. Her mother held out her light hand and he shook respectfully but cautiously. “Nice to meet you Nate, I’m Tacy’s mother, Nadine.”
“The pleasure is mine.” He responded politely. When he turned and held his hand out to Tacy’s father, he noticed the loving look in his eyes had faded but he couldn’t describe the look. “Hello young man. I’m Mr. Reynolds. You are planning on taking good care of my daughter tonight?”
“Yes sir. No doubt about it.” He replied
“Let’s count on that. It’s 5:00 o’clock so have my daughter back by dark…so 7:30. Is that okay?”
“Even if I just had one minute with her it would be okay.” Nate said with courage. Mr. Reynolds nodded, took his wife’s hand and led her out of the building. Dwayne lightly kissed his little sister’s nose and then waved goodbye to Nate.

on Feb. 10 2010 at 3:35 pm
JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
William Shakespeare

awesome job!!! : ]

on Dec. 28 2009 at 2:15 pm
GreenEyedGirl15 BRONZE, Derby, Kansas
No problem! I cant wait to see you! My amazing writer friend! <3

on Dec. 23 2009 at 6:34 pm
Haha yeah i know who you are M. I love that you love what i write!! Lemme know when your story has been posted!!

on Dec. 23 2009 at 4:59 pm
GreenEyedGirl15 BRONZE, Derby, Kansas
That took my breath away. I still want to find a guy like that! What would you think if I went mute... not the best idea! Then we couldnt talk on the phone!

windblossom said...
on Nov. 2 2009 at 10:04 am
windblossom, Hyderabad, Other

"The caterpillar does all the hard work, but the butterfly gets all the publicity"

EXCELLENT!!! I love your work! Can't wait to read more!!! Do post it soon!!! You're a great writer! Keep going! :)!

on Oct. 10 2009 at 8:21 am
Your wish is my comand!!!

on Oct. 10 2009 at 1:45 am
EternalMadness GOLD, Fresno, California

They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go
Your eyes, they shine so bright
I want to save their light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how
When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide

MORE!!! It is so sweet i really love it. great writing ability

on Oct. 9 2009 at 10:20 pm
unwrittenlove DIAMOND, Mount Berry, Georgia

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it dosent, then it was never meant to be" -anonymous

*SCREAM* i loved it!! :)