This Is Me | Teen Ink

This Is Me

July 1, 2009
By Sallad SILVER, Bismarck, North Dakota
Sallad SILVER, Bismarck, North Dakota
5 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be the change you wish to see in the world."- Gandhi


The force of the slap seemed to reverberate throughout her whole body. The area where he had hit her burned as though on fire. She never screamed anymore. He didn't deserve the satisfaction of hearing her scream.
"What the hell did you just say to me?" He growled.
Johnathon swayed unsteadily, his face and neck were a deep red. Erica willed herself not to yelp as Johnathon grabbed a fistful of her dark hair and yanked her to her feet.
"I won't ask again." He ordered threateningly in her ear. His breath reeked heavily of booze.
Erica turned her head to look at Johnathon. His mouth was set in a thin line. Jaw locked, eyes red- rimmed and pupils dialated. She hated this man so much. This man she had once called 'daddy'.
"I said, I'm leaving; and I'm taking Kori, and you won't stop me." Erica said.
No matter how she tried, her voice sounded small. She wished she could sound stronger. She wished she had the strength to get free of Johnathons' grasp.
"Like hell I won't!" Johnathon roared.
He took Erica and threw her to the floor. She stifled another scream as her head cracked against the concrete basement floor.
Johnathon swayed dangerously, he was too drunk to be able to keep this up for much longer.