We all got Troubles. | Teen Ink

We all got Troubles.

July 15, 2009
By marisaleighxx GOLD, Poughkeepsie, New York
marisaleighxx GOLD, Poughkeepsie, New York
14 articles 4 photos 4 comments

She had a face like a porcelain doll; flawless. Her hair was a vibrant blonde that glistened even in that musky smokey bar. The girl had very little money and could barley make ends meet, but she was okay with that, she did what she had to do to make her happy.

Her name was Virginia Marie but people referred to her as Ginny. Ginny was a loner, No friends and no family. She was a preformer, at least that is what her mother use to always tell her. She sang in this quaint bar in Chicago a few blocks away from the dump she call an apartment. Many people would go to that bar just to watch Ginny sing. Her name was known all over Chicago, yet fame was far from what Ginny wanted. Sure the glitz and the glam would be nice, and being able to pay all her bills. It was the idea of people wanting to know every detail of her life, wanting to befriend her because of fame, that was what gave her an unsettling feeling.
It was a friday night the bar was filled and just starting to close for the night, Ginny was all done preforming so she put on her coat and went out the back exit. It was a brisk fall night. The wind was blowing the leaves everywhere, and the only nose you could hear were Ginny's high heels clicking agains the sidewalk.
With all of the scilence Ginny though, she thought of love, nature and everything that could be pure, she took all of those beautiful pure things and realized everything pure becomes vile over time.
Eventually she got to her tiny one room apartment, she hung her coat up on the hat rack that use to be her fathers when he was alive. Ginny walked over to the bed in the corner of the room. It was just a mattress no sheets, no box spring, just a plain mattress.
She laid down and drank the bottle of gin on the floor next to it until the entire bottle was gone, and then she fell asleep.

It was Saterday night Ginny hadn't shown up to work, this was unlike Ginny, but the boss just thought she was ill or something came up. It was when she didn't show up Monday morning to rehearse when he started to worry. He called the cops to check on her apartment to see if she was even there.
The chicago police when to the apartment that was basically falling apart and knocked on the door, There was no answer. They broke down the door and found something that astonished them.
There was Virginia Marie, Everyones favorite preformer on the bed with a bottle of gin in her arms, a stain of blood on the bed, and a bullet through Ginny's head. The pistol she had used to kill herself was laying on the floor. The whole Chicago city greaved while there preformer laied in peace.