Rage | Teen Ink

Rage

By LoganMPartridge SILVER, Cupertino, California
LoganMPartridge SILVER, Cupertino, California

Crash! The glass cup splinters on the kitchen floor. The beautiful ceramic had been crafted into a forest scene. I look over at my brother and he stares in disbelief at the glass on the floor. My brain is on high alert startled by the sudden crash. My brother had just smashed my favorite cup given to me by my grandfather a couple years back. My breathing gets quicker and my fist clenches so hard my nails dig into my skin. I want to scream and cry at the same time. I can’t even feel anything anymore. I haven’t realized it but my brother has already left the room leaving me to drown in my rage. I collapse to my knees and I can’t contain what happens next. I scream out and start throwing things when the demon inside me comes out to play. I scream thinking about my grandfather presenting that cup to me and I get angrier. I writhe and look around at the destruction he had caused. I smile an evil diabolical smile. I march out of the room breathing like a bull ready to charge. I’m going to find my brother. 

This is the second part of my saga where I write about important emotions.