The Mickey Mouse Plushie | Teen Ink

The Mickey Mouse Plushie

The Mickey Mouse plushie

It was a normal Saturday, Brandin and his son Logan were getting their things ready so they could go to Disney World which was Logan's dream place to go to since he always wanted to see his favorite character Mickey Mouse. Finally when they were done getting ready Logan went inside the house to get his Mickey Mouse plush toy and that’s when Brandin said “ Are you really going to take your plushie Logan” Logan responded “ Yes papa you know he’s my favorite Character” Brandin responded “ Fine”. Eventually they entered the car and got ready to leave.

Brandin and his son were finally on the road to go to disney world and that’s when Brandin started a conversion with his son “ Hey Logan when we get to Disney World what’s the first thing you want to do” Logan responded “ I want to see Mickey Mouse papa” Brandin responded “Of course you do” in a laughing matter. Brandin and Logan kept talking when eventually Brandin took his eyes off the road to check something on his phone and that’s when he heard Logan’s voice “ Papa there is a car in front of you” Brandin looked up, and that’s when everything turned dark.

Brandin suddenly awoke in a hospital confused and lost. That’s when a doctor walked into the room and started speaking to him “ Mr. Brandin you are currently in a hospital since you were in a bad car accident” that's when Brandin Interrupted the doctor “ Where’s my son is he ok”, the doctor started speaking again “ Mr. Brandin calm down, that's what I was going to tell you, your son is currently in a coma”. Brandin looked up to the doctor and started crying and told the doctor “ Take me to my son let me see him please” the doctor agreed and took him to his son’s room. Brandin walked into the room and that’s where he saw his son connected to many machines and of course there was his Mickey Mouse plush in perfect condition. Brandin walked to his son and started screaming “ I’m so sorry Logan… I’m so sorry” that’s when the doctor finally walked to him and took Brandin back to his room. It was nearing night so Brandin just decided to go to sleep, he fell asleep and he awoke again to see his son and a cartoon character and that’s when Brandin saw Mickey Mouse!  Brandin walked to his son and Mickey Mouse but they just kept getting further and further away from him, no matter how hard Brandin tried getting close to him they just kept getting farther. During that moment Brandin started screaming “ Please don’t take him, he’s the only thing I have left… please stop running away from me” that’s when he son Logan got close to him “ Papa please let me leave I will be ok, I have Mickey Mouse on my side and he said he will take me somewhere safe and cool”, Brandin responded “ Logan please stay with he don’t go with him come with me.” Logan started talking again “ Dad everything will be ok I will watch you from above.”

Brandin suddenly awoke back on his hospital bed and started speaking to himself “ It was all A dream, but it felt so real” That’s when Brandin suddenly saw the doctor in his room and he could tell by his face something was wrong. The doctor suddenly got up and started speaking to Brandin “ I’m sorry to inform you sir, but unfortunately we have lost your son” that’s when Brandin broke down crying, suddenly the doctor interrupted him and gave him something Brandin froze. The thing the doctor gave him was the Mickey Mouse plushie, the favorite thing his son loved. Brandin suddenly remembered the dream he had and started crying as he remembered the things his son told him during his dream.