My Dream | Teen Ink

My Dream

By keirarain_ BRONZE, Caledonia, Ontario
keirarain_ BRONZE, Caledonia, Ontario

"Keep your head up, Love" -Louis Tomlinson in his song 'Perfect Now.'

I had a dream last night. You were with me. It seemed so real; I could feel your touch. Your soft hands caressing my arm and giving gentle squeezes. You traced my arm up and down with care. Your hands felt like feathers as you touched every part of my arm. I could stare into those beautiful eyes that shone brighter than the stars. Those eyes that looked at me with such love and care like no one else would. Your eyes were filled with life like they used to be every day we spent together. We sat on your rocking chair, swaying back and forth as it creaked in the silence of the early morning. You spoke in a whisper, barely letting me hear your voice. A voice that can only be heard in my dreams now. You declared your love for me like you did each day, repeating it three times. I love you, I love you, I love you. You sounded slightly different, maybe it was the difference between reality and my dream. However, that didn’t matter because I could finally hear you again. That’s all you said to me before you closed your mouth, showing there was nothing else to say. I begged for your words. I stared into those eyes that were no longer brighter than the stars, but dimmer. Those eyes that were no longer filled with life. You stared ahead, no sound escaping your lips. I screamed for your hands to hold me again, for your call of love. I took your face in my hands, and traced the lines looking for a sign. But the moment was gone, my dream had turned into a nightmare. Then I awoke with trembling hands, searching for your touch.  
Now I lay in my bed after that dream, writing this to you, my darling. I know I sound silly, for you cannot read this. However, I feel better now. Despite the way my dream had ended, a warm feeling has taken over me; it flows through my veins. I believe that I can finally accept your passing, for I got to see you again, and that’s enough for me. 

It was late at night when I got the idea to write this short piece. I couldn't sleep, like usual, and my mind just thought of the idea. It isn't often that I have an idea of what to write, so I was very excited about this piece.